Deep Discounts-is there something wrong with the ship?

Laurba99

I just got an e-mail from an on-line travel company advertising a cruise in November on the Carribbean Princess and you can get a balcony for $844 including everything but insurance per person--Is this an old ship==a hard week to book people? just wondering?

November, other than Thanksgiving week, is usually a cheaper time for vacations of all types, since many people don't take holidays that close to Christmas, and it is still the tail end of hurricane season. I've been on 2 November cruises that were affected by hurricanes. Prices right off the Princess website start at $849 in a balcony for November for that ship. And no the ship isn't old. It's only about 2 years old now.

CB is a great ship...our group paid $769 for balconys in Sept 2005 including port....I see the prices are same for 2006 in Sept...

Weather will be fine in November...your private island could be a little chilly because its close to Florida

The Caribbean Princess is a fairly new ship, becoming operational in 2004. The ship has lots of activities for both adults and kids, very good food, and features the Movies under the Stars. If you are a first time cruiser on Princess, you are also eligible for a referral credit. Think RCCL friends and family coupon. Just make sure the TA you use will accept it. Some TAs don't accept or they discount the value of coupons, such as the Crown and Anchor coupons.

I cruised on the Caribbean Princess before and I am a group leader for a Cruise Critic group cruise on the Caribbean Princess sailing August 19, 2006. I'm telling you this to explain that because of that our group is listed on the member group forum. There is a lot of photos and some information there. You can go click on the link in my banner below or go there via going to the member cruise forum. Also, you can go to the Princess forum and search for Caribbean Princess information.

If you are a first time cruiser on Princess, you are also eligible for a referral credit. Think RCCL friends and family coupon.

I would be glad to try to answer your questions or provide information. There are a couple of good Caribbean Princess websites also. Feel free to email me at kacruiser@ev1.net and I'll be glad to help.

Besides finding cruises in "off season" (read hurricane season) you will occasionally find cruises in high season to be deeply discounted. The cruise lines keep track of how sales are going for a particular sailing, and at some point have to decide how they are going to fill the cabins by lowering the price.

We just returned from a spring break trip that never did lower its price, while there were specials on the cruises the week before and åfter ours. Same ship, just some weeks happen to get more popular than others.

Archived