First Thanksgiving cruise on Celebrity Eclipse- Dinner question---

Jetswdo

Hi all-- This is the first time we decided to book a cruise over Thanksgiving-     We are booked in Aqua class and our assigned dining is Blu.  On Thanksgiving, we would like to eat the traditional meal- Turkey, stuffing, etc. etc.  Is this served in all the dining rooms, buffets, sp restaurants etc?  Just want to know what to expect.  thanks. Anita

It is served in the dining rooms (MDR, Blu, and Luminae) and the buffet.  The times we’ve eaten in the specialties over Thanksgiving we’ve either had nothing special or given a freshly sliced piece of Turkey with the ordered entree.  

• Like 1

We have done several cruises over Thanksgiving. The main dining eateries (mdr & Lumanie) both offered a standard thanksgiving fare. Not sure about Blu but I would imagine it would as well. 

On the recent Thanksgiving cruises, it was also formal night. So you were choosing between turkey plate and lobster. Finally, during lunch of Thanksgiving day; they did the big Ocean View Cafe lunch with the watermelon carving, lots of desserts and of course fresh carved ham and Turkey.

The NFL games were broadcast on the large outdoor screens as well.

Here’s a photo of the turkey dinner my wife got. I had the lobster. 

IMG_8221.jpeg

IMG_8223.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

We have done several cruises over Thanksgiving. The main dining eateries (mdr & Lumanie) both offered a standard thanksgiving fare. Not sure about Blu but I would imagine it would as well. 

I can confirm Blu offers a Turkey dinner on American/US Thanksgiving.

I was born on Thanksgiving and we often have cruised over Thanksgiving.  

As others have indicated they have their regular menu but also have a Traditional Turkey Dinner as one of the choices.

By the way -  I've only seen this on the American Thanksgiving but don't believe I've sailed on Canadian Thanksgiving or other countries.

Thanks for all the responses.  We booked this cruise because it leaves near us, so I don't have to deal with airlines for once, and also my husband is turning 70 during the cruise--- normally we avoid holiday sailings----  So if Blu offers the same American Thanksgiving fare, then we will just eat there that night.

Actually if the buffet has turkey with the trimmings at lunch time, I'd just assume do that.  I booked 3 of the 4 specialty restaurants (not the sushi one) for other nights.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was born on Thanksgiving and we often have cruised over Thanksgiving.  

As others have indicated they have their regular menu but also have a Traditional Turkey Dinner as one of the choices.

By the way -  I've only seen this on the American Thanksgiving but don't believe I've sailed on Canadian Thanksgiving or other countries.

Celebrity does not do anything special on Canadian Thanksgiving 

We have had a few Thanksgiving dinners on X.  I like traditional (US) Thanksgiving food. 

The gravy, the stuffing, the vegetables served with the meal were all disappointing to us.  Even the pumpkin pie was not that good.

If we ever cruise for this holiday again, I will hold no expectations whatsoever!