Removal of E+perk

GIGGLER

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This shouldn't be necessary. Once they scan your card it should come up as in a Suite and/or Elete+ so no charge would be incurred. Same with gelato or specialty dining when it is included. 

The issue is it's not an automatic computerized action, it has to be manually entered by the server that it's no charge. We had an incident just last month on the Apex where a server was unfamiliar with the Elite+ benefit and I was charged for a a coffee. When they brought over a charge skip for me to sign I knew instantly he did the transaction wrong. They had to make an adjustment and it took one full day for an offsetting credit to show on my account. They couldn't just go into the system and reverse the charge instantly. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I don't mind being called a cynic, but, please, not an 'old' cynic.

What I think is this.

During the pandemic, Royal, X and others laid-off many of their expensive employees. They were 'expensive' because of their length of service and knowledge gained.

As the market recovered, whether Royal & X tried to re-employ those let go I don't know but what we have is lots of newbies with little or no knowledge or experience both on the wet and on the dry.

Royal & X, not unlike many others, seem not to believe in 'training' as it's money down the drain as, once trained, the employee leaves for greener pastures. Moreover the management of RCI & X could equally say they have no need for 'trainers' as they has 'x' millions of them for free - their regular clients and especially higher members of the C&A & CC Societies. If only they listened to us!

We moan, justifiably, about their poor IT systems, we could equally moan about their poor record-keeping/process documentation. [Please, let's not get hung-up over the difference between a 'process' and a 'procedure'.] How many times have we asked a question or query and the person at the other end says they have asked/will 'ask'......- what I am saying is that should not be necessary - it should be documented and they should be able to 'look-it-up'.

This thread is a case in point. The CC benefits have 'grown like Topsy' (no, I'm too young to know what that means), some logically, some because of a current need and some 'where on earth did that come from?'. There is not the pool of knowledge at 'the centre' (Miami) to pull the extremities into line. I fear this will go on for months. This could go two ways: By sheer weight of numbers, what the ships say, goes and becomes the norm; or somehow a pool of knowledge and history is amassed at the centre and enforced at the extremes. But I am not optimistic. It would probably be better for our equilibrium to cruise with a line, any line, for the first time on which we had no expectations for any 'earned entitlements' and thus had nothing that could be 'removed'.

Yours, more in sorrow than in anger,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
Grammar

On 8/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, jelayne said:

I think the best person to ask would have been the Captains Club rep.  In all due respect to the many officers I would not expect them to knowledgeable of the multitude of Captains Club perks for the various levels of members. 

The week we were on there was no CC host as they were off sick.  Only Event coordinator who was just brand new being trained. So instead of a team of 3 there was 1 person.