Removal of E+perk

GIGGLER

We just had a fantastic time on the Eclipse Aug 6-13. As a Captains Club member with Elite perks we go to Cafe el Bacio on embarking day for a coffee/tea. We were charged and told they changed this perk for CC members and this is no longer available on day of embarking. We were not notified has anyone else been notified?  I was quite surprised as they keep removing perks. 

2 minutes ago, GIGGLER said:

We just had a fantastic time on the Eclipse Aug 6-13. As a Captains Club member with Elite perks we go to Cafe el Bacio on embarking day for a coffee/tea. We were charged and told they changed this perk for CC members and this is no longer available on day of embarking. We were not notified has anyone else been notified?  I was quite surprised as they keep removing perks. 

Was it between  5-7 PM?  Perhaps they was some confusion between the Elite Plus coffee benefit and the HH.  

We had someone @Bacio say the same to us on Beyond in January. A few of the staff repeated the same thing - not on embarkation day.We asked for the supervisor and it was sorted out. The staff was not properly trained! 

Edited by vkb2751
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

We had someone @Bacio say the same to us on Beyond in January. A few of the staff repeated the same thing - not on embarkation day.We asked for the supervisor and it was sorted out. The staff was not properly trained! 

This is most likely the reason.  If anyone encounters this in the future, they should just say something like "coffees are available all day everyday, the happy hour is different, please get your supervisor"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GIGGLER said:

Yes this is no longer available only on embarking day. I immediately took it up with the supervisor also  Captains Club, Guest relations F&B. 

Sorry to be dense, think I need an Aspen coffee. It is available every day but embarkation day.

2 minutes ago, ymncruise said:
1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

It shows on the benefits chart as a perk for Elite Plus and Zenith, not positive it includes the cafe?

I think you need to be in specialty dining for this perk. 

No this is a perk for Elite Plus and above.  It is valid all day anytime.  Except now the original poster is saying they are not allowing it on embarkation day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GIGGLER said:

Are you Elite or Elite+?

The free lattes are an Elite+ benefit and have always been available from the moment you board until and including disembarkation morning.

• Like 1

I think the confusion could be coming from there are no free Elite/Elite+ beverage drinks first night of the cruise. Unfortunately some staff on board have not realised that there is a speciality coffee perk for E+ independent of this…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Neither are available on day 1 (embarkation day)

The coffee E+ perk should be available from boarding to exiting the ship…

15 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

That sounds like poorly trained staff.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure_3.24.23_V7.pdf Shows it as a benefit and this seems to be the most recent version. 

Agree they are confusing the E and above cocktail hour drinks (not available day 1) and the coffee E+ perk available for the cruise…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

May be a good time to simplify the benefits and then stick to them fleet wide.  If you've been on enough cruises to be Elite or Elite+ you shouldn't need a cheat sheet to know what, when and where your benefits can be taken advantage of.  More aggravation than they're worth.  

• Like 2

This is so par for the course as to what has been happening with celebrity lately. Very poorly trained new staffing, nobody knows the important things they should be trained on.

you should not be on a vacation and have to fight for what you should be getting. Grrrr

Edited by gizmodog
  • Like 1