Room Locations Deck 4 - Suggestions

Nemo2005

Looking for insight on DV4 rooms on Deck 4 - ones to avoid.   Is there a thread for that already?  Since all Viking Ocean are the same, seems like someone would know.   Room 4086 - is it above the Atrium or bathroom or is it above another regular cabin on Deck 3.  It is hard to tell on the deck plan.

26 minutes ago, Nemo2005 said:

Looking for insight on DV4 rooms on Deck 4 - ones to avoid.   Is there a thread for that already?  Since all Viking Ocean are the same, seems like someone would know.   Room 4086 - is it above the Atrium or bathroom or is it above another regular cabin on Deck 3.  It is hard to tell on the deck plan.

From a careful measurement of my deck plans, it appears to be above the men's washroom. 🍺🥌

Deck 3 atrium is pretty quiet if the room is borderline.  More importantly it is near the tenders.  If your iitinerary has tender ports, you may hear noise if tenders are launched on that side. Then again, folks have enjoyed watching the tender operations from their balcony.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, Twitchly said:

I can recommend 4019. Quiet except for our neighbor’s TV. (Since that cruise, Viking has thankfully lowered the top possible volume of the room TVs.)

That is good to know! Our neighbors on our February 2023 cruise to Panama had their TV up really loud every night, and late into the evening.

1 hour ago, biggerbearmom said:

That is good to know! Our neighbors on our February 2023 cruise to Panama had their TV up really loud every night, and late into the evening.

I’m not sure when Viking started setting the new volume limit on its TVs. Hopefully it was after your neighbors’ experience.

I remember reading posts somewhere (here?) from disgruntled passengers who were unable to hear their TV because they couldn’t turn it up high enough after the change. 

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

I’m not sure when Viking started setting the new volume limit on its TVs. Hopefully it was after your neighbors’ experience.

I remember reading posts somewhere (here?) from disgruntled passengers who were unable to hear their TV because they couldn’t turn it up high enough after the change. 

Viking could solve that problem by adding close captioning capability to the stateroom TV's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

On our last cruise the volume was limited so low that you could not hear any of the recorded lectures. The live lectures and performances were not limited in any way, only the recordings.