Fantastica experience / dining options?

Travelbugs2.2

Hi

we haven’t sailed with MSC before, so we’re just trying to understand the differences between the different ‘experiences’ to choose from.

The fantastica experience says it includes speciality restaurants package - but I’m not sure what that means exactly?

Does it include free speciality dining, or just a discount ?

Also - is the Aurea experience the only one that allows anytime dining?

any help and advice appreciated !

thank you

Confused, I don’t believe it includes any discounts for speciality. Yes Aurea gives you anytime dining. If you are diamond you do get one free specialty meal

Edited by smokey01

9 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Confused, I don’t believe it includes any discounts for speciality. Yes Aurea gives you anytime dining. If you are diamond you do get one free specialty meal

Thanks - I do find it very confusing !

we have gold status (matched from RCL & Celebrity status), but I don’t think that gets us any other benefits for dining?

4 minutes ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Thanks - I do find it very confusing !

we have gold status (matched from RCL & Celebrity status), but I don’t think that gets us any other benefits for dining?

I don’t think it does but I’ve still to do on my first MSC cruise. I’m matched to go with diamond benefits 2weeks today so will have to see how we like it.

42 minutes ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Nothing. Gold status will also not give you any dining privileges. 

42 minutes ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Also - is the Aurea experience the only one that allows anytime dining?

Yes. 

The main (and maybe only worth to mention) advantage of Fantastica is that you can choose your cabin. So you are safe from a restricted view balcony and so on. And Bella is usually sold out fast anyway, especially if you need a cabin for more than 2 pax. 

1 hour ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Hi

we haven’t sailed with MSC before, so we’re just trying to understand the differences between the different ‘experiences’ to choose from.

The fantastica experience says it includes speciality restaurants package - but I’m not sure what that means exactly?

Also - is the Aurea experience the only one that allows anytime dining

Fantastica includes the ability to "request" your preferred dining slot - early or late.

It does not include any specialty restaurants.

For me, the main incentives for choosing Fantastica over Bella is the ability to choose your cabin, the ability to set your dining time preference (still no guarantee), and the included continental room service breakfast. I very much appreciate coffee and pastries as my "wake-up call" prior to a "real" breakfast after I have showered and dressed.

Thanks to you all for your replies & help.    I think sutra option is probably the best option if we go with as the anytime dining is important to us. (Though I am still unsure why mean by includes speciality dining package!!)

could I also ask - do you know what the currency is on board with MSC? Or does it depend on the departure port?

The cruise we are currently looking at is from Port Canaveral  

thank you

52 minutes ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Thanks to you all for your replies & help.    I think sutra option is probably the best option if we go with as the anytime dining is important to us. (Though I am still unsure why mean by includes speciality dining package!!)

could I also ask - do you know what the currency is on board with MSC? Or does it depend on the departure port?

The cruise we are currently looking at is from Port Canaveral  

thank you

On a sailing out of Port Canaveral, the onboard currency will be the US dollar.