dressing up for dinner?

valandemmy

My wife and I will be headed out in a few weeks for our 5 day on the SL.  My wife enjoys wearing more formal long dresses and having me in a suit for dinner like we have for years on other lines.   My question is, will we be out of place on VV?  I have watched a ton of video's and I do not remember seeing anyone dressed up like that..with the exception of maybe some at the Wake?..   My dining reservations are for the wake, Pink Agave, Razzle Dazzle and Extra Virgin.  

7 minutes ago, valandemmy said:

My question is, will we be out of place on VV?  I have watched a ton of video's and I do not remember seeing anyone dressed up like that..with the exception of maybe some at the Wake?

On VV you will be in the minority, but thats not a reason not to dress up. it's very much a "you do you" approach. if you want to wear a top hat and tails, no one will bat an eyelid, and if anything you will just get compliments. Wear what you want, and don't let alone make you act differently. enjoy it, it's your vacation. 

• Like 4

Other than Scarlet Night, most people do not go "all out" for dinner on VV.  However, anything from shorts and t-shirts to cocktail dresses will be seen in the various dining rooms.  As above, wear what you want.  No one else will care.  And if you will be bothered by what the people at the next table are wearing, that's your problem.

• Like 1

As someone who prefers to “dress for dinner” I love that on Virgin Voyages anything goes.  Want to dress in shorts and a ball cap?, great….a tuxedo?, absolutely.  And more importantly no one will judge you either way.  This seems to be the ONLY line on the cruise critic boards where there is not an augment about dress codes….hallelujah 🙌

• Like 7

I have found it interesting that while VV has absolutely no dress code for dinner, I find people do put more effort in 'looking nice' for dinner than most other cruise lines. Even if it's just a pair of nice shorts with button down shirt or dress jeans and a shirt. I think it's because the dinners really are a 'night out' on VV vs. going to a main dining room that's more like a cafeteria than restaurant experience. 

As others have mentioned, you do you and have fun with it. We've seen shorts and t-shirts to full on amazing dresses and suits but without the tie. That would be my only suggestion to you, skip the tie with the suit and leave that top button undone so you'll feel a little more relaxed. But you do you and have an amazing time! 

• Like 3

I have to say VV cruises are the most inclusive when it comes to dress.  Other ways too.

I was expecting VV to be 'windjammer barefoot cruise' casual so wasn't planning on packing anything but shorts on my first cruise. I decided differently at the last minute and packed long pants.  I'm glad I did. The vibe at night was far more sophisticated than expected.  There was casual attire for sure but far more chic and stylish attire than expected.  With that said, it's a 'nobody judges you, nobody cares' crowd. 

Wear what you want but, take a jacket. It's cold onboard at night.

• Like 2