MSC Cruises - Euribia - Yacht Club/Duplex Upgrade is it worth it?

Encapsulated

I am comped on a MSC Euribia Balcony room next year for Dubai - the retail cost of this room is about $2000.

I am offered to upgrade to Yacht Club Duplex with Whirlpool at $1700 per person, is it worth it? The retail value of this cost is about $8000. The upgrade discount is to pay $3400 for a $8000 room, $4600 discount.

How are the Yacht Clubs for newer ships...

Are the amenities worth it? There is 1 over night in Dubai and 1 Over Night in Abu Dhabi, so I feel like I will be off the ship a lot and not enough to enjoy the benefits.

Yacht Club Includes Premium Drink + Internet + Suite Dining, which I think is worth about $1000 out of pocket per person, so really is the room upgrade worth $700 per person...

9 hours ago, Encapsulated said:

I am comped on a MSC Euribia Balcony room next year for Dubai - the retail cost of this room is about $2000.

I am offered to upgrade to Yacht Club Duplex with Whirlpool at $1700 per person, is it worth it? The retail value of this cost is about $8000. The upgrade discount is to pay $3400 for a $8000 room, $4600 discount.

How are the Yacht Clubs for newer ships...

Are the amenities worth it? There is 1 over night in Dubai and 1 Over Night in Abu Dhabi, so I feel like I will be off the ship a lot and not enough to enjoy the benefits.

Yacht Club Includes Premium Drink + Internet + Suite Dining, which I think is worth about $1000 out of pocket per person, so really is the room upgrade worth $700 per person...

In an instant if you have the finances.

I never want to be non YC again. The food alone is worth it to me. We like it all. Great product just lousy IT and customer service.

We love the yacht club and have another two booked. If you like a touch of luxury and a quiet enclave to escape to you’ll love it. We also loved the duplex - it had a real wow factor for us but I did meet a guest who was disappointed with it! She was used to owners suites on other cruise lines.

I don’t think the MSC offering the upgrade at that, it’s usually on a sliding scale so is starting, ‘minimum’ bid at that amount. You may not ‘win’ it even if you did go for it. I always offer just a little more and have been upgraded both times I have tried for it.

I have also been lucky, and received free upgrades in the past. 
Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide but please let us know what you did!

5 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

We love the yacht club and have another two booked. If you like a touch of luxury and a quiet enclave to escape to you’ll love it. We also loved the duplex - it had a real wow factor for us but I did meet a guest who was disappointed with it! She was used to owners suites on other cruise lines.

I don’t think the MSC offering the upgrade at that, it’s usually on a sliding scale so is starting, ‘minimum’ bid at that amount. You may not ‘win’ it even if you did go for it. I always offer just a little more and have been upgraded both times I have tried for it.

I have also been lucky, and received free upgrades in the past. 
Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide but please let us know what you did!

Actually they lowered the flat upgrade price to $3200 total.

Would you take an MSC Euribia Cruise to Dubai 7 days for $3200... I want to compare it to the Crown Loft Suite on Royal, but it also includes drinks/suite dining/internet which is usually around $10k+... too bad the duplex doesn't have floor to ceiling windows though.