3rd & 4th Passenger Bed Configurations

Tennant

Does anyone know what the 3rd and 4th passenger bed configuration might be on the Sun Princess? We are looking at a balcony, mini-suite or cabana mini-suite.  We will have two children sailing with us.  Princess told me today that the configuration for all 4 passenger cabins is twin beds with bunks over the twins.  I find this very hard to believe so hoping someone here  knows better. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Tennant said:

Does anyone know what the 3rd and 4th passenger bed configuration might be on the Sun Princess? We are looking at a balcony, mini-suite or cabana mini-suite.  We will have two children sailing with us.  Princess told me today that the configuration for all 4 passenger cabins is twin beds with bunks over the twins.  I find this very hard to believe so hoping someone here  knows better. 🙂

That could be the situation for Inside cabins.  Other cabins will have extra single bed(s) in the ceiling and out of the way if not in use.  

I don't think there are any diagrams on Princess.com that are going to show you the exact placement for the new Sun Class.  In some of the cabins, there will be a sofa bed so that will count as at least one extra sleeping location.  I would try a CVP rep as they ought to know more.

For most of Princess ships (no one knows for sure about the Sun):

Insides have bunk beds attached to the wall / lower beds in twin configuration.

Ocean View (non existent in Royal Class ships and above) and balcony cabins "usually" have bunk beds that drop down from the ceiling.  To access bunk beds, lower beds need to be in twin configuration.

Mini-Suites/suites will have a sofa bed that sleeps one (maybe two small children).  It will usually have a bunk bed that drops down from the ceiling over the lower beds.  Again...access to bunk beds need twin configuration.

I have not been on a Royal Class ship, but do recall (don't hold me to this), that a bunk bed may come down over the sofa instead.

There is no 1st hand passenger experience for these new class of ships. I don't see any balcony cat. cabins in my brief review of the deck plans. I do see plenty of the deluxe balcony cat. cabins as well as mini suites and cabana mini suites. Sun class stateroom diagrams show that the cabin design on sun class ships is different than grand and royal class ships. In your case the past does not represent the new sun class. If what Princess told you is correct then the lower queen bed would be split into the twin configuration and the upper berths would lower from the ceiling. But, this may also be incorrect and just partial information on how grand and royal class balcony cat., not deluxe balcony cat., cabins are configured. Even that information is incorrect for grand/royal class ships since in mini suites the sofa is used as the 3rd berth and the 4th berth is lowered from the ceiling over the sofa.

I would think that on all of the categories you mention for the Sun Princess the sofa comes into play. It could be that the 3rd berth is the sofa with the 4th berth lowered from the ceiling over the sofa.

I would ask Princess again. They are the only ones that really know, but the customer service reps may not have a clue. I would ask a T.A. for assistance. T.A.'s have different contacts. 

• Like 1