Splash Wave Tours Snorkeling Goff's Caye

merinski

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 5:12 PM, merinski said:

Has anyone done this? Is this a good company to go with? Looked at Viator, they use them too. Not sure

about Shore Excurtioneer. We would like to go to Goff's Caye.

Goffs is beautiful. We went several years ago and used Island Marketing (which when I click on their site now I think they renamed their site to Belize Cruise Excursions). But I would recommend them. HERE is my review with pictures from that day if you are interested. Also, I will mention that we have used Shore Excursioneer for other tours in other places. 

6 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Goffs is beautiful. We went several years ago and used Island Marketing (which when I click on their site now I think they renamed their site to Belize Cruise Excursions). But I would recommend them. HERE is my review with pictures from that day if you are interested. Also, I will mention that we have used Shore Excursioneer for other tours in other places. 

In your review you mention that you had to wait an hour before leaving, did you still have 4 hrs and they got you back in time for the ship? Did they tell you they would be leaving that late ahead of time?

It really sounds like a place we would like to go...

• 3 months later...

Our tour was supposed to be Beach and City, but because of the 2-hr wait at the Splash Wave check in (just a dock with a tiny office where you sign waivers) we were unable to do the city part. Two hours is A LONG TIME for people to have to wait - on a dock out in the sun, no water offered except you could go in the little office and purchase some. The employees said they were waiting for everybody to make it from the ship. I understand waiting maybe a half hour but the boat taking us to goffs caye was full, so 30 people waiting 2 hrs in the heat for four people was really not acceptable. Even though it was about a 20-30 minute boat ride to the island, they should have the ability to shuttle out a big group and the ones arriving late (not their fault - Carnival…another story) brought separately. So when we finally got to the gorgeous tiny island, I was really excited to snorkel, relax, eat lobster… Two out three ain’t bad lol. Alas, they ran out of lobster quickly so I ate a piece of BBQ chicken. Good points: beautiful place, cold beer, great snorkeling; not so good: hot with nothing offered for drinks while waiting, two hr wait on small dock, no lobster, no city tour (which was ok with me but it was supposed to be included; some people may have been disappointed). In retrospect I wonder why they didn’t do the city part while we were waiting all that time. I’ve included pics of us waiting on the boat… a few people left after 2 hrs of waiting. (We were on the dock for about an hr, on the boat for about another hr.)

IMG_2442.jpeg

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

On 9/21/2023 at 4:56 PM, merinski said:

In your review you mention that you had to wait an hour before leaving, did you still have 4 hrs and they got you back in time for the ship? Did they tell you they would be leaving that late ahead of time?

It really sounds like a place we would like to go...

Oh my gosh, I just realized that entire review was all garbled up with things on top of each other. I have fixed it now. Sorry about that. (I'm glad I checked geesh lol). 

They told us that it would be about an hour wait once we tendered over to the port. This gave everyone a chance to come over from the cruise ship since it was a tender port. I appreciated that and didn't have an issue with it because if I was having issues getting on the tenders, I would hope they would wait on me as well. We are at the mercy of how fast we can get over from the ship in these cases. Yes, we still had the full trip of 4 hours. Yep, they got us back in time and we did some shopping and got some drinks and then headed back to the ship and still had time to shower and change before the ship pulled away. 🙂 

• 1 month later...

I'm sure Goff's Caye is great --- too bad we never saw it.  Splash Waves Tours left us at the dock.  We never got the excursion we paid for.  We had to make other plans last minute with other total strangers that were also stranded by them too.  Go to Goff's Caye, just don't book thru Splash Waves.  Sounds so sketchy now that I've read other reviews.  We have not received a refund.  So I guess stealing is okay iDK.