Brisbane Port parking?

On 9/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, Sparky74 said:

Yesterday we managed to pick up a good deal for a weekend cruise (3 nights) on the Coral Princess out of Brisbane at the beginning of December. 😁

Unfortunately Wilson's is fully booked. 😱☹️
Is Portside the next best alternative?

Want your car detailed ? Try this.20230608_165516.thumb.jpg.d3869f5117559ca1930a16ebbc8b834b.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have booked P1 parking at the BICT and as stated there is no guarantee that you will get an undercover spot ( first come first serve )  at the moment I intend to arrive at 11am. I am interested to know if any of my fellow cruisers have any idea if under cover fills up earlier than that. I will be embarking on the Luminosa so not a large capacity ship so keeping my fingers crossed regarding the parking. I did notice that booking in the P1 allows a 3hr grace period before entering and after leaving the car park so can arrive earlier if needed. I have not received any boarding times as of yet. 

Cheers John.

9 hours ago, JohnGc said:

I have booked P1 parking at the BICT and as stated there is no guarantee that you will get an undercover spot ( first come first serve )  at the moment I intend to arrive at 11am. I am interested to know if any of my fellow cruisers have any idea if under cover fills up earlier than that. I will be embarking on the Luminosa so not a large capacity ship so keeping my fingers crossed regarding the parking. I did notice that booking in the P1 allows a 3hr grace period before entering and after leaving the car park so can arrive earlier if needed. I have not received any boarding times as of yet. 

Cheers John.

We have used the P1 parking area a few times. Each time we arrived around 11am and were able to very easily get a spot under cover very close to the terminal. By 11am, the disembarking passengers will have left and only a limited number of the new ones will have arrived. Most of the cars would belong to people away on another cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have used the P1 parking area a few times. Each time we arrived around 11am and were able to very easily get a spot under cover very close to the terminal. By 11am, the disembarking passengers will have left and only a limited number of the new ones will have arrived. Most of the cars would belong to people away on another cruise ship.

Thank you, thats great information. I never even thought about the disembarking passengers leaving the car park ( I really need that cruise  😁  )  The cruise is not until Feb so I was surprised I was able to book the P1 on line so far in advance.

Cheers John.

Just now, JohnGc said:

Thank you, thats great information. I never even thought about the disembarking passengers leaving the car park ( I really need that cruise  😁  )  The cruise is not until Feb so I was surprised I was able to book the P1 on line so far in advance.

Cheers John.

The problem getting spaces in mid summer is caused by the number of cruise ships operating out of the terminal. In winter it is easy to find a space. All the best.

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The problem getting spaces in mid summer is caused by the number of cruise ships operating out of the terminal. In winter it is easy to find a space. All the best.

Good point, I think there are quite a few cruises operating from BICT in Feb 2024. I guess if you are booked in the P1 at least you will get a park even if it is open parking.

Edited by JohnGc