Deep Blue Extras Extended through end of 2024

FFMilesJunkie

21 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Fantastic news!

I heard they were limiting showing up before your set arrival time in Barcelona due to the terminals limitations. Hopefully they can continue to manage the lines.

On my last departure from BCN, they were very strict.  If you showed up more than 30 minutes early, you were politely turned away and they suggested that you could wait at the plaza or the coffee shop adjacent to the terminal.  However, at our appropriate time,  we were admitted immediately and were in our cabin within 15 minutes of our scheduled arrival time.  There was little waiting space inside the terminal, and not nearly as comfortable as in Miami....but we've never had to wait inside in Miami for more than a few minutes.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cantgetin said:

My sis applied for status match yesterday, got approval email today!  Good processing time.

We are booked on the upcoming TA this October. Early on, I applied for and received status match. My addons showed the Deep Blue Extras and 2 $100 Bonus Bar Tabs. The other day it occurred to me that my wife should also be eligible, so she applied on Sunday and was approved on Monday. So, now her Addons show Deep Blue Extras and a $100 Bonus Bar Tab and my Addons show an extra $100 Bar Tab. Including the $600 Bar Tab for booking, that's $1000 to spend on the TA. Glad I thought to ask her to apply.

• Like 3

I think VV as made a mistake, but don't tell them!  You are supposed to be limited to one DBE per cabin, not per person.  My daughter and I each qualify, but as we always cruise together, we get one set of extras, including the $100 free bar tab, per cabin.  Your wife having status would benefit her if she cruised without you during the time the match is in effect, and you're both earning whatever they are counting toward their future loyalty program (hinted that it may be dollars spent, but no one really knows).

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

I think VV as made a mistake, but don't tell them!  You are supposed to be limited to one DBE per cabin, not per person.  My daughter and I each qualify, but as we always cruise together, we get one set of extras, including the $100 free bar tab, per cabin.  Your wife having status would benefit her if she cruised without you during the time the match is in effect, and you're both earning whatever they are counting toward their future loyalty program (hinted that it may be dollars spent, but no one really knows).

the “mistake” is applying to everyone, I’ve seen others report that the $100 bar tab does apply to each person (even if it isn’t meant to be) but the rest of the DBE are per cabin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

the “mistake” is applying to everyone, I’ve seen others report that the $100 bar tab does apply to each person (even if it isn’t meant to be) but the rest of the DBE are per cabin.

Interesting....it never applied to me.  Maybe I should apply again and attach the current cruise number.

THe $100 bar tab was a replacement for the bottle of Moet in the original DBE, and supposedly shows up separately from DBE to meet accounting needs.  Even that is odd as they have no trouble doing the accounting for Grounds Club within DBE.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Interesting....it never applied to me.  Maybe I should apply again and attach the current cruise number.

THe $100 bar tab was a replacement for the bottle of Moet in the original DBE, and supposedly shows up separately from DBE to meet accounting needs.  Even that is odd as they have no trouble doing the accounting for Grounds Club within DBE.

I’m going to test it next month and see if we do get the $100 each or not.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:38 AM, billco said:

We are booked on the upcoming TA this October. Early on, I applied for and received status match. My addons showed the Deep Blue Extras and 2 $100 Bonus Bar Tabs. The other day it occurred to me that my wife should also be eligible, so she applied on Sunday and was approved on Monday. So, now her Addons show Deep Blue Extras and a $100 Bonus Bar Tab and my Addons show an extra $100 Bar Tab. Including the $600 Bar Tab for booking, that's $1000 to spend on the TA. Glad I thought to ask her to apply.

Question since I haven't cruised VV yet, I applied and was approved. But I don't see anything on my booking. Do you get this on your first voyage? If so, where does this show up on the booking?  thanks

On 8/30/2023 at 10:13 AM, cantgetin said:

Call they will add it and the DBE

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, hansolosmom said:

Question since I haven't cruised VV yet, I applied and was approved. But I don't see anything on my booking. Do you get this on your first voyage? If so, where does this show up on the booking?  thanks

Yes it is on your first voyage.  On your on line account, go to "add ons" and be sure to check for each of the sailors in your party.  You should see DBE and $100 bar tab.  if not, call VV.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Yes it is on your first voyage.  On your on line account, go to "add ons" and be sure to check for each of the sailors in your party.  You should see DBE and $100 bar tab.  if not, call VV.

Thank you,  I'll call because I don't see anything

42 minutes ago, HolsAddict said:

I sailed in October 22 and June 23 and are sailing again in June 24.

When do my deep blue perks show up as there's nothing showing on my account or the app? Tia

My DBE for 2023 cruises is on the on line "my account" section on the laptop, but will not load onto the app till the first night on board.  My 2024 booking does not show DBE yet.  I'm taking the approach that I have plenty of time before the 2024 cruise and that if it doesn't show up by the beginning of January, I'll ask my travel agent to deal with it.

2 hours ago, HolsAddict said:

I sailed in October 22 and June 23 and are sailing again in June 24.

When do my deep blue perks show up as there's nothing showing on my account or the app? Tia

I sent VV an email - and within minutes, DBE were added to our accounts

• Like 1