Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport in Dania Beach

Cinnamon2

I am cruising with a group of ladies in January.  Our flight arrives in FLL at 11:45 p.m. the night before our cruise.  We chose the Hilton Garden Inn due to it having 24 hr. shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and is close so we will get settled in and sleep a few hours before going to the port.  After making our reservations, I read some reviews and some are good but many are not so good.  Has anyone had experience with this hotel?  I understand that it is under renovations through October so perhaps many of peoples complaints have been addressed.  I would appreciate comments from anyone who has been there.  Thank you!

We stayed here years ago and the HGI was lovely.  We have a cruise out of FLL in March and was looking to return here but got very leary due to the reviews.  Hard to believe that it was gone downhill.  Like Elaine5715, I will also be following....

• 1 month later...

We stayed there last year. It was probably one of the worst hotel experiences ever.  Bathroom was dirty, air conditioner was loud and not able to be adjusted according to front desk. It was so cold we put bath towels over the vents and still froze.  Out of control kids after midnight.
When I inquired about the free breakfast with my Hilton Honors status, the manager told me I was not entitled as we booked with points. What?! He then looked up my information and begrudgingly gave us the free breakfast with my Hilton Diamond status.  No apologies.  At breakfast, we waited 45 minutes in line for a table (buffet itself was very nice.) 

Do yourself a favor and book either of the two Marriott properties a couple blocks up the street.

No input on this hotel, but the nearby Hyatt properties are very nice (Hyatt Place and Hyatt House). I stayed at the Hyatt House in April and it was lovely. Spoke to some flight attendants who were at Hyatt Place right across the way and they said it was nice too.