Bahamas/Caribbean vs Mexico

Susan in Maine

Have you done the southern Caribbean going to the ABC's?  Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao?  There are 8 day sailings here with 2 sea days on the front and back end.  We will be doing this itinerary on the Celebration starting on 9/9/23.

The Mexican Riviera is nice.  Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.  If you're going to fly coast to coast, I would try to lengthen the cruise.  We've done this itinerary twice, once many years ago on the Carnival Spirit for I believe 9 days and again as a 14 day B2B in 2022 on the new Discovery Princess.  It was Mexican Riviera for 7 and then California Coastal for 7, visiting San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenada and Santa Barbara.

I would open up the possibilities of also doing a S2S which is doing one cruise, getting off and then going on another ship, possibly on Carnival or on another line.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Like 1

Yes, I would recommend the Mexican Riviera. Rhythms of the Night in Puerto Vallarta is my all-time favorite excursion. The tour of Mazatlan by boat and bus was good as well.

Be prepared for cooler weather, especially on the first and last full days of your sailing. The Pacific typically does not get as warm as the Caribbean.