Flight Ease - how do you check prices after booking flights

pschweig

I’ve read several posts describing that you can continue to check prices and routes on Flight Ease after reserving flights. Could someone please tell me how to do that without canceling your existing flights? Please pardon my ignorance and thank you in advance for your replies. 

Just go through the process of doing a booking.  Your booking is not cancelled until YOU actually cancel it.  Just looking is at what is availalbe is fine, no problem. I did this twice daily for our NZ cruise and I had some nice price decreases, which made it fun!

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

@pschweig this made me so nervous, too, I wouldn't do it. But after seeing substantial price drops on the airline site and reading so many posts from others who do it AND being told by FE agents they would have to cancel a current reservation just to check a price, I finally tried it and it does work.

Just click on "change flight" and it will bring up the original search screen after allowing you to select which passenger you want to change.

Then as @SilvertoGold said, you continue through the steps and you'll see the flights and price options. Once you've seen them, just close out - no changes will have been made. Just don't agree to any changes...

When I've called in to ask FE to check on new pricing, thinking it would be easier for them to just look up the flights and tell me the prices, they always ask "may I have your approval to cancel your flight and search for new one?" NO!! You absolutely may not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@pschweig this made me so nervous, too, I wouldn't do it. But after seeing substantial price drops on the airline site and reading so many posts from others who do it AND being told by FE agents they would have to cancel a current reservation just to check a price, I finally tried it and it does work.

Just click on "change flight" and it will bring up the original search screen after allowing you to select which passenger you want to change.

Then as @SilvertoGold said, you continue through the steps and you'll see the flights and price options. Once you've seen them, just close out - no changes will have been made. Just don't agree to any changes...

When I've called in to ask FE to check on new pricing, thinking it would be easier for them to just look up the flights and tell me the prices, they always ask "may I have your approval to cancel your flight and search for new one?" NO!! You absolutely may not.

Excellent info!  Personally I have not used the FE agents.  My TA books the basics, then I fill in the Airline Loyalty numbers and chose seats.  It has never occurred to me to phone FlightEase and, now, I am glad I haven't !  Why does FE give the wrong info and want to cancel flights? To give you more expensive options? HAL isn't looking that good in this.

5 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Excellent info!  Personally I have not used the FE agents.  My TA books the basics, then I fill in the Airline Loyalty numbers and chose seats.  It has never occurred to me to phone FlightEase and, now, I am glad I haven't !  Why does FE give the wrong info and want to cancel flights? To give you more expensive options? HAL isn't looking that good in this.

I have occasionally (not consistently) used FE; I compare costs w/booking direct and ultimately go with whichever is the better value.

With that said, I was simply too scared to check prices on FE after booking due to the process involved that makes it look like you're canceling. Learning it doesn't cancel when you compare but FE agents will cancel them, I got past that and now do my own comparisons.

No HAL doesn't look good here, but I really don't think they're trying to make more $$ (I could be completely wrong and swallowed the kool-aid);🤔 I believe it's due to a clunky system that needs some tweaking. HAL and Princess EZ Air use the same system (and same agents), so Princess pax are subjected to the same klunky process.

I believe the FE agents would prefer to work in a better system as it's very time consuming for them when they have to make changes.

Saving a small amount of $$ (which is subjective and personal) is not worth it, but a meaningful savings is worth it to me.

I do like how the flight details, including seat selections, is visible in your HAL booking when done through FE and autopopulates into the checkout process. 😊

• Like 1

Off my original topic but my responders are very experienced. When I look at FE, an itinerary might say “4 tickets available” at this price. According to your experience, does that mean when those 4 tickets sell the 1) itinerary disappears or 2) the price for that itinerary increases? I am asking because my family group is trying to purchase a total of 7 tickets and wish to have the same flights. We don’t mind buying 4 tickets at one price and the other 3 at a slightly higher price. 

I thank you in advance for your advice. I have NO experience with FE!

21 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Off my original topic but my responders are very experienced. When I look at FE, an itinerary might say “4 tickets available” at this price. According to your experience, does that mean when those 4 tickets sell the 1) itinerary disappears or 2) the price for that itinerary increases? I am asking because my family group is trying to purchase a total of 7 tickets and wish to have the same flights. We don’t mind buying 4 tickets at one price and the other 3 at a slightly higher price. 

Could be either different price or no more seats. The way to know, is: 1) have the airline site up and look at it at the same time - you'll see all the seats available that way.

2) call FE and have them book - they should be able to see the full flight even if it's at different prices. You would need to be very clear with them not only how many people but who you want booked on same record/locator as they have to do it by name and they won't make that decision for you.

3) get as many as I could then call FE and tell them you have xx more people to book on the same flight. They will ten tell you if there's not enough seats and/or what the other prices will be.

If it was me, I'd do option #3. And be sure you're BEFORE final payment if you do #2 or #3 so you don't get dinged on fees if anything you booked doesn't work and so you don't have to immediately pay for those you book under option #2.

Hope that's not confusing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Another thing to consider is FE is a consolidator with changing inventory.  They do reload their inventory periodically and the weekends are usually the dregs.  Try back mid-week. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your response - especially checking ahead of time to see availability. Cruise isn’t until July 2024 and FE just opened for booking less than 2 weeks ago. I like your advice - book all 7 tickets and then keep checking for price drops. 

• Like 2

I want to thank everyone for their advice. After talking to the other family members, we have decided to follow your advice, book the 4 available and book the other 3 at whatever price is quoted. I will then keep checking for any price drop. I knew I would get answers here! Many thanks

• Like 2