Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

40 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yet more breadcrumbs.

It was a reasonable ratio of bread to crab/filler fish

39 minutes ago, techteach said:

Crab cake was going very good. Had a nice flavor and lots of crab. I love the apple slaw it came with, I don't remember that before.

But it had some tiny bones in it. That's a major texture issue for me. Instant appetite killer. Wish I'd gone for the mushrooms now.

@jam19872016 Crab cake with tiny bones…something fishy about that. No bones in a crab. Do you you think they were tiny pieces of the cartilage or did they use an additional filler fish?

FYI - looking through lots of cake recipes and wish I had a some cream cheese.

Probably a filler fish but I'm not sure. It wasn't pleasant whatever it was.

• Like 1

That cheesecake was very good. I don't know how it's taken me this long to try a slice of that but glad I finally did.

I'm going to say the cheesecake at the steakhouse is still better by a tiny margin, but then you can't buy just that you have to buy the whole meal.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mojitos24 said:

Has the locker room been redone like they did on the Carnival Conquest last year ?

I don't see any difference between now and before the remodel. They left it alone so I'm happy 😃. What did they do to Conquest? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

That cheesecake was very good. I don't know how it's taken me this long to try a slice of that but glad I finally did.

I'm going to say the cheesecake at the steakhouse is still better by a tiny margin, but then you can't buy just that you have to buy the whole meal.

Have you tried the room service chocolate cake?  Was always one of our favorites, but no idea if it has changed.

9 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Have you tried the room service chocolate cake?  Was always one of our favorites, but no idea if it has changed.

If I have I don't recall. Room service is one of those things i do when its 3am and I need food but I can't stand in the pizza line. I'll try to remember it next time that happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't see any difference between now and before the remodel. They left it alone so I'm happy 😃. What did they do to Conquest? 

Still men's and woman's seperated but they upgraded everything. They change lockers, floors, the setup for the shower(now with doors) and they changed the orientation for acces for the steam and sauna. Look at my pictures from last March on the Conquest. We were supposed to do the trans-atlantic in the Freedom with you but we changed our plans for this year. Have a nice trip back!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mojitos24 said:

Still men's and woman's seperated but they upgraded everything. They change lockers, floors, the setup for the shower(now with doors) and they changed the orientation for acces for the steam and sauna. Look at my pictures from last March on the Conquest. We were supposed to do the trans-atlantic in the Freedom with you but we changed our plans for this year. Have a nice trip back!

No nothing like that. I think the floors around the showers were redone, as water used to bubble up from under the tiles and I have not noticed that yet.

I'm surprised to see an investment being made in this area. Very nice. Explorer of the Seas had a nice new refurbishment to their locker room area this year also. 

Edited to add I'm assuming it was refurbished as it was just out of dry dock and looked immaculate. If it wasn't, the upkeep on the area was top notch.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, NE John said:

Hey…Some good looking plating! 

Feast Night looks really good. 

27 minutes ago, NE John said:

That looks like fettuccine. Certainly wide enough pasta ribbons.
Best looking food so far, good job. 

All on the kitchen. All I did was point and click 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoy your last week and then look forward to the next one you have planned.

I have thoroughly enjoyed following along and you and your mom are obviously

well-suited travelling companions.

I like your self-deprecating style of reporting and admire your capacity for enjoying

the food on offer.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, NE John said:

That looks like fettuccine. Certainly wide enough pasta ribbons.
Best looking food so far, good job. 

Yes, of course it does. It was the stuff with the salmon I thought was being described as fettuccine, and of course it isn’t. Apologies all round and to the menu writers.

• Like 2