Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The fish was also good. A lighter option so not super filling but that's probably not a bad thing since I ordered two desserts.

Baked cheesecake.

16972818516867472943963975361258.thumb.jpg.62cf65163cff7fbdde6de68c68907f70.jpg

Dark chocolate and orange mousse.

16972818903102982804556990653386.thumb.jpg.cc5fb6d9b86b50fbf6dbf88264eb2cb9.jpg

You need to have the Dulce de Leche ice cream, which is the best ice cream on board. Last time it didn’t appear until I begged them, so you are lucky it is actually on the menu.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You need to have the Dulce de Leche ice cream, which is the best ice cream on board. Last time it didn’t appear until I begged them, so you are lucky it is actually on the menu.

I'll be on the lookout for it again 👀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Another who just bing read your post up to now.  Thanks to @Host Hattie for posting a link on the Cunard forum.     I've never sailed Cunard before and finding the folks there really friendly and have been helpful in answering all of "dumb" questions. 

Loving all the pictures of the food and menus.   

I've come over  to read  this highly entertaining and  informative thread and just to let you know, no question is too 'dumb'. 🙂

• Like 4

Back on board. 

Ibiza is such a gorgeous city and even in the daytime it was already buzzing and you can tell it has an exciting nightlife. It has a real south beach type feel to it.

Valiant lady has just pulled out so I guess last night was her overnight as I believe they stay overnight in this port for a chance to sample the nightlife. 

I wanted to watch her sail away but I'm out of energy need to rest and recharge for a bit.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

I've come over  to read  this highly entertaining and  informative thread and just to let you know, no question is too 'dumb'. 🙂

Cunard agrees. Among the questions in their FAQ section was "can I bring my own bed onboard."

Say what?

• Haha 11

20 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Cunard agrees. Among the questions in their FAQ section was "can I bring my own bed onboard."

Say what?

Not seen that in FAQ as I've never had the need to ask but some folk DO take/have a bed put in their cabin instead of the Cunard bed eg  a 'Profile Bed'.

No question is too dumb.  🙂

• Like 2

Macaroni was good. Small portion though not a great night to only choose one entrée.

I tried a bite of my mom's pheasant it was bland and a little dry I wouldn't order it. Glad I can say I've tried it however. 

For dessert I was going to try the dulce de Leche ice cream but there were two other things I wanted to try.

Passion fruit and coconut cheesecake 726

16973044194167812481251353306158.thumb.jpg.c6f247b0aa619392c3681b521f8d1f31.jpg

Warm chocolate Brownie pudding. 

16973044364526034988105012783650.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Just kidding, that was rice pudding. 

Service is pleasant but entirely too slow I ate the rice pudding I can't sit here any longer waiting on the correct item.

Obviously weak from starvation after the smallish main course. 🙂

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, kmb4567 said:

Really enjoying your posts.  Don't think I'll every cruise Cunard since I even though Holland America was "stuffy".  Hope to come across you on our Carnival  10/23 return to Port Canaveral.  

It's not as stuffy as I had feared but I do imagine it is more so than HAL. 

Thanks for reading along and I'm sure you will spot me on the crossing, my mobile bar will give me away 😁

9 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Someone's telling you lies, that looks more like rice pudding!

I was in such a hurry to eat after it finally arrived I didn't even notice until I started eating it 😅 

• Haha 7