Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, aday10 said:

Enjoy! It’s a lovely city and very possible to get around the city by walking or getting the metro 

Thanks, looks very pretty can't wait to get this show on the road.

52 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I believe there is a similar one in Genoa, but I think the Terminal in Naples is quite magnificent and the best I have seen, with Cherbourg a close second.

The terminal was very nice. My mom loved it all she needs to be happy is a reasonably priced souvenir shop. This fit the bill perfectly for her.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Is it hot there today?

No it is quite cool. High today of 75 (24C) according to the planner and 71 according to Google. Feels much closer to 71.

What is the word for intentional misinformation that causes you to doubt your own reality?

I keep hearing online how hot it is in Barcelona from my roll call for next week.  But when I was there Monday people were in jackets.

Easy to say it's internet disinformation but then I was listening to a guy on board who was onboard last week who swears it was in the 90s last week on our cruise. Ibiza was the only time we got out of the 70s (81) we definitely didn't see any 90s.

But then when I think about it, he was British so why would he refer to weather in Fahrenheit? Maybe it is a conspiracy after all and he was planted there because the internet spies knew I was not being fooled by the internet claims of a heat wave 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No it is quite cool. High today of 75 (24C) according to the planner and 71 according to Google. Feels much closer to 71.

What is the word for intentional misinformation that causes you to doubt your own reality?

I keep hearing online how hot it is in Barcelona from my roll call for next week.  But when I was there Monday people were in jackets.

Easy to say it's internet disinformation but then I was listening to a guy on board who was onboard last week who swears it was in the 90s last week on our cruise. Ibiza was the only time we got out of the 70s (81) we definitely didn't see any 90s.

But then when I think about it, he was British so why would he refer to weather in Fahrenheit? Maybe it is a conspiracy after all and he was planted there because the internet spies knew I was not being fooled by the internet claims of a heat wave 🤔

It may depend on his age. Many of us still think in Fahrenheit, and anyway temperatures in the 90s sound so much more impressive. There is also the point that many people do not realise these are shade temps. and quite different from what might register if you are lying in full sun roasting on the sun deck.

71 actually sounds quite pleasant.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

It may depend on his age. Many of us still think in Fahrenheit, and anyway temperatures in the 90s sound so much more impressive. There is also the point that many people do not realise these are shade temps. and quite different from what might register if you are lying in full sun roasting on the sun deck.

71 actually sounds quite pleasant.

It feels very nice out but I've also not left the port yet, I'm sure I'm benefitting from the sea breeze.

Ibiza was the only day I would say was hot. That was because of the humidity. Then Barcelona was almost cold, but it was damp so that contributed. Overall it's been very pleasant weather wise since Bermuda. Even that wasn't bad.

Nassau was miserable hot, as expected 🔥.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I was hoping for the Tart Tatin, maybe next time?

Not a big apple fan but I did love that strudel I had so I might give it a try. There were way too many choices today I already had to eliminate the strawberry dessert. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My afternoon after that was spent relaxing in the sauna and now we are caught back up.

I'm on the fence about Rome. I know I need to do a tour if I want to experience it but I'm not sure my mom can handle the long journey 

It is a long day, but less arduous in the cooler weather. Personally, I’d find a half day wine tour and do that, unless this is your only chance of ever going to Rome.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It is a long day, but less arduous in the cooler weather. Personally, I’d find a half day wine tour and do that, unless this is your only chance of ever going to Rome.

Likely my mom's only chance but she isn't super interested in much besides shopping. 

I figure I can do these ports again, especially rome, so I haven't been too concerned with needing to go go go 😅

I think I am going to catch the train and just be super mindful of the time.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Likely my mom's only chance but she isn't super interested in much besides shopping. 

I figure I can do these ports again, especially rome, so I haven't been too concerned with needing to go go go 😅

I think I am going to catch the train and just be super mindful of the time.

You are a very brave man.

Not my favorite. There was nothing wrong with it but it just didn't wow me and that is the bar Cunard has set at this point. 

My mom's spring lamb rump 712

20231018_131306.thumb.jpg.a741ce761f78ded300666994e1dbe1cd.jpg

I got poached fillets of plaice and spinach mushroom and feta strudel. 

20231018_131256.thumb.jpg.9b5808da9c85992386c5eca5ae3e95d6.jpg

20231018_131311.thumb.jpg.b5ab99a006d32bd65be4569eadd6ee3c.jpg

• Like 8