Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

12 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Both were tasty especially the strudel. The sauce had a nice kick to it. 

Dessert time 738

My mom got banana and rum cake.

20231018_133840.thumb.jpg.9b2583edc8e6d568a10d345b0261e62a.jpg

I got frozen soufflé and backwell tart.

20231018_133846.thumb.jpg.3c06274ea0cd9eb90685fd6b4f4a94d7.jpg

20231018_133849.thumb.jpg.e95f15da50df904e4efd8e226879dccb.jpg

What is Backwell Tart?

I am quite enjoying your reviews and "seeing" a cruiseline that I have not considered. I have determined my palette is not refined enough for Cunard; although, I think I would enjoy their ships - yours looks beautiful. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There is usually a Panoramic type coach tour, it would be a shame to miss out completely. 

22 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If nothing else, see the Pantheon.

I'm still looking but it certainly won't be my only shot at Rome. Well it could, one never knows.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

What is Backwell Tart?

I am quite enjoying your reviews and "seeing" a cruiseline that I have not considered. I have determined my palette is not refined enough for Cunard; although, I think I would enjoy their ships - yours looks beautiful. 

It is Bakewell, after the Derbyshire town, shortcrust pastry with some jam and an almond custard filling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

What is Backwell Tart?

I had to Google it myself before I ordered it.

Screenshot_20231018-140059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.014be83f16cf2d78dd3d25d7a2f44eff.jpg

This did not come with jam like the description. I am not sure if it came with frangipane or not 😂.

The food has been amazing and I love trying new foods so it has been perfect for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I had to Google it myself before I ordered it.

Screenshot_20231018-140059_Chrome.thumb.jpg.014be83f16cf2d78dd3d25d7a2f44eff.jpg

This did not come with jam like the description. I am not sure if it came with frangipane or not 😂.

The food has been amazing and I love trying new foods so it has been perfect for me.

That yellow layer is frangipani. What’s wrong with the jam?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackjackboss said:

I told you you should have gone to Capri

You said Pompeii for the first visit if I recall correctly. But yeah I didn't listen either way 😅.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It is Bakewell, after the Derbyshire town, shortcrust pastry with some jam and an almond custard filling.

Oops, typo. My editor took the night off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, fyree39 said:

All these menus and food photos make me want to book a Cunard ship. It's going to have to wait. I'm paying on two bucket-list cruises now and those have priority.

Hope you can make it work eventually, you will be very glad you did. Food and trip has been amazing.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Whiteduck1 said:

I'm really enjoying reading all about your trip. . Go with a formal night, I'm sure you would enjoy and have great fun. You do come over as a smashing guy with these posts, always positive....

Thank you for your kind words. I promise I'm negative when the situation calls for it 😆. It's just too hard to find anything to criticize. Well except the mismatched salt and pepper and mismatched plates.

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

The jam is usually a thin layer between the pastry and the almond sponge, easy to miss.

It may have been there but it did not look like the picture and wasn't enough to be tasted. Was good, just not jammy enough 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Sounds just like here. It may also mean the roads may be particularly clogged. Half day wine tour? With lunch?

I can't even consider anything that means less meals onboard. I'm afraid of what I'd be missing 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 5