Thermal Spa pass price...question

Esmerelda

Question; do the thermal spa passes ever go on sale prior to cruise or onboard?  Currently for our sailing in March, they are $219 for a week per person.  

Reminder; I am a Celebrity virgin, this is our first cruise with CC, please be kind.  Otherwise, we have close to 20 cruises under our belts.  ☺️

Thanks everyone,

Esmerelda

We were on the Celebrity Edge in July. We purchased the thermal spa pass in embarkation day. They were giving tours of the spa and offered a discount on the thermal suite. I had priced it prior to the cruise so the discount on day one was a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

Take a tour before making a purchase. Maybe even price out a day pass instead. When we first experienced Celebrity on S class the thermal suite was $75 pp for the week. I wouldn’t pay more than that as the thermal suite isn’t that great. You didn’t mention which ship but if it’s E class, it may be better… I haven’t tried them yet. Seriously, M and S class are really weak. One steam room, a sauna, an herbal room that may or may not be working…Same with snow room..and some heated tile loungers round out the area. I suggest you YouTube for your ship in question. I’ve yet to see a celebrity thermal suite that I’d pay $219 pp. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dsa181920 said:

We were on the Celebrity Edge in July. We purchased the thermal spa pass in embarkation day. They were giving tours of the spa and offered a discount on the thermal suite. I had priced it prior to the cruise so the discount on day one was a pleasant surprise.

That's quite unusual and actually opposite of normal so you definitely lucked out! Even more so on an E-Class ship. 

When we were on our last celebrity cruise on the Apex, I pre-purchased online for my husband - regular price. When we boarded and took a tour the pass was being offered for less. I asked for a refund of the difference because supposedly if your pre-purchase you were to get best price. The spa gladly refunded us the difference in price.

• Like 1

We were sailing Apex in an IV and after touring the spa on embarkation, they offered a week pass for $230. We went to Customer Service and inquired about upgrading our cabin to AquaClass and it was only $200 a person (post Covid only 50% capacity). So we upgraded our cabin and got the spa for less.....winning!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find the price of the pass has gone up dramatically in the last few years, certainly post COVID.  We have taken many Celebrity Cruises and I always get the pass, sometime booking a treatment as well.  For 7 days the pass, just a few years ago, would come in under $200 (CAN, of course we pay more with our lower dollar).  We are on the Ascent in March and I am pricing it at almost $300 CAN dollars, plus tax!! I buy the passes it as a treat  because I have arthritis, and the warm tile beds  and various climate rooms really help me after a day touring, but I can no longer afford this relief. Also, I agree with whoever suggested you check it out first before buying, despite any ore sale offer.   Last winter we were on the Summit and I only booked a facial, could not afford to add the day passes. I was glad I cheaped out because looking around, the spa was very scaled back.  There were no warm beds, not enough places to sit in the thermal area, and just a few sauna's that were crowded.  Not a great set up there. 

• Like 1