Passport Numbers Requet

DH04-Me

My husband and I are signed up for a tour in September 2024.  The tour company, which has an excellent reputation, has requested we send our passport numbers saying that they are required to purchase entry tickets for Alhambra.  Has anyone sent their Passport numbers via email?  Only our names and numbers are being requested.  Will probably send the info, but just curious.

11 hours ago, richart said:

If you have security concerns just call and provide the information over the phone.

At which point they will probably key it into a system that has a far higher risk of being compromised (because it contains millions of people's information and so is a much bigger target) rather than a solitary email.

These days, having a Passport Number is really not much of a security concern.  What do you think anyone can do with that number?   Another issue, that makes me smile, is when folks refuse to do a "bank transfer" because they do not want to give out their checking account info.  So, instead, they send a check (which has all the checking account info).

We were recently on a food tour (in Montreal) when we met a gentleman who has a senior job at Mozilla.  He and I had an interesting conversation about privacy and safeguarding information such as Passport numbers, SS numbers, and checking account numbers.  He pointed out that in today's society we really have no privacy (with regard to that kind of stuff) and it is readily available on the Internet and elsewhere.  

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1