Disembarkation in Trieste - transportation to Venice hotel

Coffeeluvr05

26 minutes ago, Gabs300 said:

Thank you Alan for checking. Even on July 5 and 6th, they did not have for 4 people, maybe if I booked 2 rooms but that would have been too much. I made a tentative booking in Hotel Messner for 3 nights and see if I can figure out the rest. Any tours to do for the 4 of us you can recommend will be great. I'm thinking of renting a car when we leave and heading to Florence on our way to the FCO Rome airport as now we would have time. If I can make this work, I'll be changing our flights tomorrow. 

If you like blown glass, I'd recommend taking the Vaporetto to Murano and going to a glass blowing demonstration. Also, if you like Prosecco, look for a tour to  Prosecco wineries. I would definitely go to St Mark's Square to see Doge's Palace, the Basilica, and the bell tower.

Some highly rated tour companies include:

Alan

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, newf2024 said:

For those who have had a cruise end in Trieste, what’s the earliest train from Trieste Centrale that you recommend?

Two hours after you disembark the ship, which varies from ship to ship. Just keep in mind that your hotel in Venice won't have your room available until after Noon sometime.

Alan

Edited by ReligBookFreak

31 minutes ago, ReligBookFreak said:

Two hours after you disembark the ship, which varies from ship to ship. Just keep in mind that your hotel in Venice won't have your room available until after Noon sometime.

Alan

So if we arrive at 7am, is 9:39am too early for a train?

So I took the first two pictures from the ship shortly after docking at 7 am last May.   In the first you can see the taxi rank.  In the second you see the actual walk - train station is just beyond the green domed building.  So if you can manage your luggage hardly a need for a taxi.    We had no delays and could have been at the station by about 8 am.  
IMG_6594.thumb.jpeg.35970142ccb1b9626329361897005df2.jpegIMG_6590.thumb.jpeg.03587260c6ec04c2bcf6cb9b6abc6fbf.jpegIMG_6554.thumb.jpeg.123f9c582e35f2ce5945af57de440934.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

On 5/18/2024 at 12:40 AM, Gabs300 said:

Do you recommend Hotel Principe?

I have stayed in Hotel Principe several times.  It is close to the station and there are many restaurants close by.  The bar and restaurant overlook the water and it is fun to sit and sip.  Breakfast is adequate but on European standards not US standards.  Rooms can be small even on European standards, but if I was travelling to/from Venice by train I would price NH or Principe and stay in the cheaper.  It comes down to ease of access for us.