Cpap on Volendam Extension Cord

sandygal

I saw this question is connection with another while, and as we are sailing in thr Volendam in a few weeks it triggered my concern. My husband uses a cpap machine. Are there outlets next to the bed on the Volendam? Should we bring an extension cord? Thanks in advance!

HAL will supply an extension cord if required, I'm not sure which ships have outlets by the bed. Zaandam didn't, and we asked for a cord and it was in the cabin when we boarded. You can also order a gallon of distilled water and it will be in your cabin when you arrive.

We asked our TA to request the cord and the water is available to pre-purchase through the web site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are no outlets by the bed on Volendam.  Depending on the room, your nearest outlet may be on the same wall (Neptune Suite) or across the room from the bed (veranda cabin).  We requested an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water from HAL weeks before boarding and both were in our room when we arrived.  Some of the rooms, like a veranda, only have one outlet... period.  Bring a non-surge protected multi-outlet with you so you can use the CPAP and charge your phone etc. at the same time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

HAL will supply an extension cord if required, I'm not sure which ships have outlets by the bed. Zaandam didn't, and we asked for a cord and it was in the cabin when we boarded. You can also order a gallon of distilled water and it will be in your cabin when you arrive.

We asked our TA to request the cord and the water is available to pre-purchase through the web site.

You can ask for the Extension cord before you leave home. So it will be waiting for you in your cabin. 

17 minutes ago, Tbay said:

DH always carries an extension cord in the CPAP case.

That's what I do. I never know when I will be in a pre-night hotel that doesn't have an outlet close-by the bed. My extension cord is long enough that I can have the cabin steward use masking tape to run it along the walls, and over to the outlet at the desk on the other side of the room. No tripping, easy to remove when the cruise ends, and no marring the walls. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, RuthC said:

That's what I do. I never know when I will be in a pre-night hotel that doesn't have an outlet close-by the bed. My extension cord is long enough that I can have the cabin steward use masking tape to run it along the walls, and over to the outlet at the desk on the other side of the room. No tripping, easy to remove when the cruise ends, and no marring the walls. 

Yup, you are right Ruth, even tho I don't know how you type so well with chocolate in both hands.  No CPAP, but I travel everywhere with an American 3-way outlet plug, a double USB to electric plug and an extension cord. Out of the country, I throw in the relevant adapters.  I don't like to be inconvenienced!  

Whenever I travel, my CPAP goes with me. In the CPA travel case (that I put inside a carry-on suitcase) is a Europe to American electric plug, daily meds, disinfecting wipes, and 3-way 10ft. extension cord (nice to have extra outlets). I am wary if the extension cord is in the checked suitcase the ship search might grab it. The last 4 cruises I ran the cord from the desk behind headboard to the nightstand with CPAP machine. The next morning before the Cabin Stewart cleans, I roll up the cord and store it in the CPAP travel-case so they won’t confiscate it.