where'd all the cruises go on the website

rols

We were looking a couple of days ago at Nov/Dec 2023 cruises. There were many, including a 14 night asia holiday cruise in Dec and .. all sorts. Yesterday they all disappeared. Hitting the webpage now shows ZERO cruises in November and TWO only in December. Coincidentally this sudden disappearance of all cruises coincided with the end of whatever event Seabourn just had. I'm pretty sure they didn't, in the last 6 hours of that event, sell out every suite on every ship on every cruise in the whole world for the last 2 months of this year. Am I being punished for not booking during the sale event? 

Does anyone see anything different? This is with NO filters applied at all, not length, not destination, not anything. 

7 minutes ago, rols said:

We were looking a couple of days ago at Nov/Dec 2023 cruises. There were many, including a 14 night asia holiday cruise in Dec and .. all sorts. Yesterday they all disappeared. Hitting the webpage now shows ZERO cruises in November and TWO only in December. Coincidentally this sudden disappearance of all cruises coincided with the end of whatever event Seabourn just had. I'm pretty sure they didn't, in the last 6 hours of that event, sell out every suite on every ship on every cruise in the whole world for the last 2 months of this year. Am I being punished for not booking during the sale event? 

Does anyone see anything different? This is with NO filters applied at all, not length, not destination, not anything. 

I just checked on this.  I even used Safari as I cannot usually navigate the Seabourn website on Chrome.  I found 46 cruises showing for November and December 2023.  A surprising number of them were showing as SOLD OUT, but this was less than a third of them.  

1 minute ago, rols said:

thanks SLSD. I've tried chrome, safari and firefox on two different machines and an ipad. Let me try a VPN into the US, wonder if seabourn knows I'm not a local. 

Ah.. that's it .. I'm georestricted. Hit up a US VPN and I get all the things I had the other day. Thanks very much. 

• Haha 1

ah but there is more to it. Most of those cruises, in fact all I think EXCEPT the few I found earlier on the Asia site, are marked "call for price" and selecting any suite type says "unavailable". And that's not just the sold out ones, it's most of them. So I feel Seabourn is still working things out after the end of its sale. I can at least see the dates and itineraries and can call the TA if need be. 

2 hours ago, billichka said:

Last week nearly half the suites on our upcoming New Zealand cruise in December were available…. Today that cruise, and another NZ one in December, had disappeared.

Hope it hasn’t been cancelled!

No. Something weird is going on. I really think it's something to do with the end of their sale because it all happened at that time. I guess all the cruises which were discounted for the sale now need to have prices re-entered or updated and in the interim they are just missing.

here's some fun and games. 

If you start at the Seabourn home page here and try to select departure month at least for me there are none in November and December has just two. However if you start at this homepage you will find all the cruises listed although as I said most of them are 'call for pricing'. I don't think Seabourn wants to sell any cruises this weekend. 

4 hours ago, rols said:

here's some fun and games. 

If you start at the Seabourn home page here and try to select departure month at least for me there are none in November and December has just two. However if you start at this homepage you will find all the cruises listed although as I said most of them are 'call for pricing'. I don't think Seabourn wants to sell any cruises this weekend. 

You won't be that surprised to learn that they have had a record sales month.

I managed to secure a twenty five day December 2024 for a great deal on Wednesday.

Many cruises are near full or have very few suites available.

Snooze,you lose as they say.😁

Crystal isnt sailing full at the moment,you'll get something there.😀

I'm sure you'll find something.

Do you have a good TA that deals with Seabourn?

2 hours ago, billichka said:

Update - this morning (Australia time) the December NZ cruises have returned... at a far higher price than they were a few days ago!

SB's recent "A Sail to remember", a 10% off sale, just finished on September 13. That is why the prices are higher. But, if the cruise is not selling well, the price will drop again in a few days.

yeah all back again now - as I thought they had to go reset all the pricing after the latest event. Prices not that different from before and they'll have another event in a few weeks. 

Can't always time our booking with Seabourn's desire to sell so we book when it suits us. 

Edited by rols