Halloween?

wdwgrams

I would absolutely bring a costume and dress up for Halloween!

I am fairly sure there will be a Halloween party.  I've done a couple of Halloween cruises on MSC in the Mediterranean, and both times there were decorations and a party in the atrium.  A few passengers wore Halloween costumes - perhaps one in 10 passengers - which probably reflects the fact that Halloween is a more low key event in Europe (compared to US).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 12:23 AM, 8420PR said:

I would absolutely bring a costume and dress up for Halloween!

I am fairly sure there will be a Halloween party.  I've done a couple of Halloween cruises on MSC in the Mediterranean, and both times there were decorations and a party in the atrium.  A few passengers wore Halloween costumes - perhaps one in 10 passengers - which probably reflects the fact that Halloween is a more low key event in Europe (compared to US).

We will be on the World Europa in Messina, Italy this Halloween and I thought that Halloween was big in Italy (never been there).  We were planning on bringing costumes but don't want to bother if there aren't going to be a lot of people doing the same thing.

We were on a Halloween cruise 5 years ago on the Celebrity Equinox with Captain Kate and had a blast.  She even dressed as a vampire on Halloween night. We handed out loads of candy along with cash tips and the crew really seemed to appreciate it.

Can anyone add to the Halloween on MSC in Europe part of this thread?

Thanks,

MrJulius

• 3 months later...

My daughter is frightened to death (excuse the pun) of Halloween. We have assured her that the dates that we are travelling - 6th to 13th October should be too early for any sort of entertainment/activity. After reading various things I'm not so sure. Can somebody set my mind at rest or tell me that we are wrong and that we might need to change the cruise please? Thanks very much, Mark