Mini suite to obstructed view cabin

maryisme

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:
50 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I am looking for a TA or 2nd CVP to confirm. 

Thank you.  We could all ask

our CVP’s or TA’s.  

This is major and will definitely affect the way we book

PLEASE ASK!!

I was refaring from $2751 to $2023 fare (had to rebook as farecwas for new cruises only) and initially multiple fare codes popped non-refundable. She did find the right one but forewarned me that I'd need to factor that in on future drops.

I'm ok with that as long as I know ahead of time so can factor it in. Just give me the rules

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

PLEASE ASK!!

I was refaring from $2751 to $2023 fare (had to rebook as farecwas for new cruises only) and initially multiple fare codes popped non-refundable. She did find the right one but forewarned me that I'd need to factor that in on future drops.

I'm ok with that as long as I know ahead of time so can factor it in. Just give me the rules

Thanks for getting your original statement clarified. I asked our TA, who hadn't responded yet, but I just forwarded your latest comments to her which now appears to only deal with the refaring process. But this is still good information to know, and when we ask our TA to refare an existing booking in the future, we'll make sure to also mention to keep its associated refundable deposit intact, if there are multiple NRD fare codes showing up. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for getting your original statement clarified. I asked our TA, who hadn't responded yet, but I just forwarded your latest comments to her which now appears to only deal with the refaring process. But this is still good information to know, and when we ask our TA to refare an existing booking in the future, we'll make sure to also mention to keep its associated refundable deposit intact, if there are multiple NRD fare codes showing up. 

Yes. Requested a refare but it had to be a rebook. Initially rebook was going to be non-refundable (same as any new booking) but she found the correct code. Still the comment was that all new bookings were going to be non-refundable deposits next year. 

Her info has been correct before but I want her to be wrong.  Let me forewarn everyone .... I will book a few options when the $1 deposit sale happens. Don't mind losing $1

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Yes. Requested a refare but it had to be a rebook. Initially rebook was going to be non-refundable (same as any new booking) but she found the correct code. Still the comment was that all new bookings were going to be non-refundable deposits next year. 

Her info has been correct before. Let me forewarn everyone .... I will book a few options when the $1 deposit sale happens. Don't mind losing $1

I can’t see that $1 deposit returning.  We’ll see.

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

PLEASE ASK!!

Just sent an email to my CVP.

My TA is on vacay.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ombud said:

PLEASE ASK!!

Just heard back from my CVP…

lightening fast!!!

Here’s what she said:

I have not heard anything and there has been no announcement. I would treat it as such.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just heard back from my CVP…

lightening fast!!!

Here’s what she said:

I have not heard anything and there has been no announcement. I would treat it as such.”

Thanks! I just sent my TA a follow-up email telling her to disregard my previous question, and we'll just wait for Princess to state their official position if it ever changes down the road, just like Celebrity did when they instituted their variety of refundable/NRD policy changes last April.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Here is the response from someone in the know at Princess:

We have refundable and non refundable options now and I have not heard that ALL will be nonrefundable in 2024.  Will ask around and see.   That would be huge news if that is the case. 
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Here is the response from someone in the know at Princess:

We have refundable and non refundable options now and I have not heard that ALL will be nonrefundable in 2024.  Will ask around and see.   That would be huge news if that is the case. 

That’s good, but I hope we don’t give them any ideas. 😳

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2023 at 1:38 PM, maryisme said:

Hi,

This is my first time sailing with Princess. Our cruise is not until July 2004.  I initially placed a non refundable deposit on a mini suite. I decided to downgrade to an obstructed view cabin (savings of over $7000). I lost my deposit on the mini suite. The rep advised it was non refundable but I thought it was transferable. She kept placing me on hold as if checking with someone else. Does this sound correct?

PS my confirmation states that it is 100% nonrefundable, but it does not say it’s not transferable.

Thank you. 

Mary

You will have to send your info and letter to the President of Princess.  I did, it helped