Laundry on 35-day cruise

MikeandBobNC

We are booked on the Vista for 35 days - Miami to Venice/Trieste.  This cruise is also sold as 3 segments - Miami/Rome - Rome/Malta - Malta/Venice.  We are in an Oceania Suite that provides 3 bags of laundry.  I have searched the boards and called Oceania to ask if we will only get 3 bags of laundry for the entire 35 days or 3 bags per segment - total 9 bags for the 35 days.  I haven't found the answer on the boards and the Oceania rep first say 3 bags total for the 35-days, but then wasn't really sure.  

I suspect it may be at the discretion of the butler as to how many bags for the 35 days.  Anyone have any experience with laundry on an multi-segment/extended cruise?

Thanks in advance for replies - there is always a wealth on knowledge on CC.

1 minute ago, MikeandBobNC said:

Thanks, LHT - per segment kinda makes sense to us.  Just wish it were the same for the liquor setups, but I'm not going to count on that one!

Never  had a top suite  but I think they will replenish your bottles 

Hopefully someone  that is in a top suite will clarify  this for you

Enjoy

I was on a 3 leg Marina cruise in a PH cabin commencing in Fall 2022   I received 3 laundry forms per each leg.  The room steward supplied them for me.  I had to ask her for the forms for the final leg, otherwise they showed up in the closet clipped to the hanger with the laundry bag.

• Like 1

@MikeandBobNC

You may already know this but there is a 20 item per bag limit. Additionally, clothing comes back folded in the bag so they are NOT pressed, a bit wrinkled, so whatever works for you 😇.  When I send out some casual long sleeve shirts, I know I will have to take them to the laundry and press them myself or send them separately to be cleaned and pressed and that is an extra charge.  Same on dress Chinos, they will need a touch up by an iron.  The bags usually take up to 3 days to be returned, maybe less but you can get expedited service, talk with your Butler. We normally do a combination for our laundry needs so anything we want back quickly or articles that we do not want shrinking or need to be handled with special care, we do those loads ourselves. DW also brings dryer sheets for the static cling, liquid soap is provided and washers and dryers are free. 
You know how it is on long cruises, all that hot water washing shrinks our clothes 😇🙏👍

Have a great cruise, we sail in a month 🤪👍

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

@MikeandBobNC

You may already know this but there is a 20 item per bag limit. Additionally, clothing comes back folded in the bag so they are NOT pressed, a bit wrinkled, so whatever works for you 😇.  When I send out some casual long sleeve shirts, I know I will have to take them to the laundry and press them myself or send them separately to be cleaned and pressed and that is an extra charge.  Same on dress Chinos, they will need a touch up by an iron.  The bags usually take up to 3 days to be returned, maybe less but you can get expedited service, talk with your Butler. We normally do a combination for our laundry needs so anything we want back quickly or articles that we do not want shrinking or need to be handled with special care, we do those loads ourselves. DW also brings dryer sheets for the static cling, liquid soap is provided and washers and dryers are free. 
You know how it is on long cruises, all that hot water washing shrinks our clothes 😇🙏👍

Have a great cruise, we sail in a month 🤪👍

Mauibabes

If you are in a cabin (Concierge and above), you will receive several cards that are good for free pressing of one garment at embarkation.  We put one of these in the pocket of a shirt/pants we send in with the "free laundry bag" and it will come back on a hanger - ironed.

3 minutes ago, basor said:

If you are in a cabin (Concierge and above), you will receive several cards that are good for free pressing of one garment at embarkation.  We put one of these in the pocket of a shirt/pants we send in with the "free laundry bag" and it will come back on a hanger - ironed.

Thanks!  Good to know. Even though we have sailed O several times, not sure I knew about the pressing card. 

Just now, MikeandBobNC said:

Thanks!  Good to know. Even though we have sailed O several times, not sure I knew about the pressing card. 

For several years, we thought the pressing was for only embarkation and did not even notice the cards too......then I had put all of the items, on the desk when we arrived,  in an envelope and later on noticed the pressing cards and tried it....  I now save them and have an envelope full (since don't always use all of them on a cruise).  To be honest, I take the envelope with me and can't remember if we received new ones last year.  I will let you know when we board VISTA in 12 days!

I go to the laundry room  then send out  a few things for pressing  with the cards near  the end of the cruise

Things go in the suitcase  & are clean & press  for when we get home

It is the shirts I hate ironing 😉

• Like 1