No guarantee assignment 10 days out...........

DaveOKC

On 9/18/2023 at 5:45 AM, kazu said:

I think you are.  The ship has been sold out for several weeks.  The OP expected the guarantees to be assigned by now for that reason.   

I am curious:  How does one find out if a ships is actually sold out?  And if it is sold out, isn't HAL then proceeding to juggle and assign the various "guarantees", by whatever formula they do so?  Having also booked guarantees lately, I agree with the posters who reject the notion that it is rude to remind us that the only promise made by HAL is that we will get the cabin level for which we paid.  There is no promises as to when.  Also, now that HAL is posting, side by side, the sometimes significantly lower Guarantee price compared with the higher HIA price, the number of guarantees may be significantly larger and requiring more time to assign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tampa Girl said:

I am curious:  How does one find out if a ships is actually sold out?  And if it is sold out, isn't HAL then proceeding to juggle and assign the various "guarantees", by whatever formula they do so?  Having also booked guarantees lately, I agree with the posters who reject the notion that it is rude to remind us that the only promise made by HAL is that we will get the cabin level for which we paid.  There is no promises as to when.  Also, now that HAL is posting, side by side, the sometimes significantly lower Guarantee price compared with the higher HIA price, the number of guarantees may be significantly larger and requiring more time to assign.

To answer your question - The sold out category in the filters for planning cruises show the sold out cruises.

When it comes to a specific category such as in the OP’s case, you just need to go to book on that cruise it shows the cabin categories that are unavailable.  Those are sold out.  It may be by guarantee or assignments but all the cabins are spoken for.

On 9/18/2023 at 5:39 AM, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Sometimes a guarantee is booked because that is the only way to book a specific cruise. Over a year out, a cruise I wanted was sold out and the only way to book it was by guarantee. I don't like guarantees myself but, in this case, if I want to take this cruise, it was the only choice in the category I want. I may eventually cancel because for the amount this cruise will cost, I do not like the uncertainty of waiting until check-in to learn my cabin.

If a cruise is shown as sold out a year in advance, consider that groups have made their room blocks for specific categories, and will continue to  hold those rooms, both sold and unsold, until HAL begins to recall  the unsold rooms and return them to available inventory to be sold to the general public. 

The recalls begin months before the departure date, so best to keep checking for availability (meaning actual rooms you can choose, not guarantees).  

Edited by Boatdrill