Virgin fires a shot across Celebrity’s bow

kk20

We tried VV February 2023 after our TA was invited on board and she was not sure if they would like it.  She had a good time, liked the not typical cruise ship food program and asked a few of us to try it.  No complaints, it was nice and we had a good time…BUT, just not the cruise style that I like.  Which is what I tell people all the time - there are so many choices for budgets and your style - if you don’t do your research before you book, then buyer beware.

I mostly missed the entertainment of an X, Celebrity, Azamara, Princess, Cunard styles (lines I typically use).  I am not a foodie, so I prefer the more choices you get in a MDR as opposed to speciality restaurants.  We are not balcony people, prefer to be out on decks or around lounges, piazzas, quiet nooks, etc - we use a cabin for sleep, bathing and changing clothes. As my son once said to me - Mom, you use a cruise ship as transportation to get to your destination - so you unpack once.

He was right - since we retired in 2012, we have seriously used cruising for 2 world cruises (each hemisphere, So. America and Antarctica, northern lights in Norway, Med/Europe, Alaska, Canada/New England.

So much has changed since Covid - the pandemic affected every country, every industry, cost of everything, everything about daily life - tough times for sure - I am just happy to be back traveling again.

Wherever you go on whatever cruise line you choose, whatever budget you can afford - just  enjoy life - because everything can change in the blink of an eye 😃

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 12:28 PM, Showingthatgame said:

They are starting Southampton sailings the same time Apex moves to Southampton. I believe it will be valiant lady.

Sorry all sailings from Portsmouth not Southampton - cheaper for the cruise line slightly more difficult for the passengers. Various cruise lengths.