Transferring booking number from refundable cruise to new cruise?

chamima

This is a question for people who have been in this situation recently.

It used to be that if we couldn't go on a booked cruise with a refundable deposit (prior to final payment) we could transfer the booking number to a new cruise and keep the OBC from having booked on board.

Is this still possible?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Yes you will keep the Promo OBC booking onboard, but yo need to pay the ship/date change fee

What change fee?

We've never paid one in the past.

If the new cruise is more than the old one I know we pay whatever the new one is .

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Yes you will keep the Promo OBC booking onboard, but yo need to pay the ship/date change fee

There is no change fee for a refundable deposit reservation.  Like others do this all the time, usually change to a NRD when I do.  At that point if I were to move it again there would be $100 pp fee.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There is no change fee for a refundable deposit reservation.  Like others do this all the time, usually change to a NRD when I do.  At that point if I were to move it again there would be $100 pp fee.

But as long as the new cruise is also with a refundable deposit there would be no fee to change that if we needed to.

(Since Covid I'm very leery to book ANYTHING that's not refundable!)

2 hours ago, chamima said:

But as long as the new cruise is also with a refundable deposit there would be no fee to change that if we needed to.

(Since Covid I'm very leery to book ANYTHING that's not refundable!)

With due respect.   You can change from a Refundable to a Non-Refundable at no fee.  I did it last week just before final payment and saved quite a bit.  I also kept all my promotions and OBC

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

With due respect.   You can change from a Refundable to a Non-Refundable at no fee.  I did it last week just before final payment and saved quite a bit.  I also kept all my promotions and OBC

Jim

Just before final payment is the ONLY time I'd change.

but I had actually never thought of doing that - so thanks!

The examples I was thinking about were booking way into the future.

Edited by chamima

36 minutes ago, chamima said:

Jim

Just before final payment is the ONLY time I'd change.

but I had actually never thought of doing that - so thanks!

The examples I was thinking about were booking way into the future.

I've only been able to do it a couple times as usually the prices I book at go up after booking.

Iain and I disagree on booking NR and R fares.  Since I'm the one booking I usually book non-refundable because the Refundable in Suites is usually $1,500+ more.   I rely on the Chase Reserve Insurance Coverage and am willing to pay the change fee if we were needing to change.

Actually recently when Celebrity cancelled the South American Season I was stuck with a Non-Refundable first segment of a B2B.    Luckily Celebrity allowed me to change it to a different sailing at no cost and I kept the on-board booking perks I had.

Example -  to me that is Way too high to pay for a Non-Refundable when the deposit is only $1,800 and change fee only $200

image.thumb.png.431d209ff99dd932b613dc0b4a3f376e.png

• Like 2

And on a non suite booking which is made onboard with reduced deposit my loss is only $200 if I have to cancel (before final payment).   Even if I cancel every other cruise I make up for it with the reduced fares.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different.   DW and I "discuss" this every time I book NRD.