Velocity points for Virgin Cruise.

I just received this offer. Posted for your information.

Velocity Frequent Flyer members can spend 80,000 points to score an ex-Melbourne or Sydney cruise.

The offer is valid for travel between 16 Dec and 05 Mar on eligible sailings departing Melbourne and Sydney.

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks. I've just applied for it. Hopefully we can get on one of the Sydney return departures to Tassie.

Good luck..,a free cruise is lovely.   I will be interested to hear how these cruises go ..,they are looking to get younger cruisers but I am sure any cruise is interesting.

Eileen 

18 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Good luck..,a free cruise is lovely.   I will be interested to hear how these cruises go ..,they are looking to get younger cruisers but I am sure any cruise is interesting.

Eileen 

Well it will be interesting! Whether it is good interesting or not so good interesting remains to be seen. I must say I really didn't have any interest in doing a Virgin cruise but if it's free ... 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The way I look at it is that it's the groceries and other things I buy that I spend the money on. The points are a freebie!

Maybe so but many end up chasing points and spending more than they originally intended or buy things they didn't want until they saw the points for them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The way I look at it is that it's the groceries and other things I buy that I spend the money on. The points are a freebie!

Yep. I don't spend money to get points. I get points for paying bills, rates, insurance, groceries.

Oh, nearly forgot. Paying for cruises.

Edited by lyndarra
important item left out.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yep. I don't spend money to get points. I get points for paying bills, rates, insurance, groceries.

Oh, nearly forgot. Paying for cruises.

I pay all my bills on my card.   They recently offered me 10,000 points if I spent $50 each of 4 weeks.   It is very easy to spend $50 on groceries nowadays.   When you see things on special now I tend to buy 2 because for sure the next time you go to buy it will have increased in price.  I think the supermarkets are making the most of everything going up.

Eileen 

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Maybe so but many end up chasing points and spending more than they originally intended or buy things they didn't want until they saw the points for them.

Yes, some people do that but we just do our normal shopping, travel, household purchases. We even bought our car by credit card! That was really hilarious!

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I drive past a Shell/Coles Express each day and it is tempting to collect points, but I get fuel closer to home with no points but at least 5c/litre cheaper. A pretty basic example, but I know others that go for the points. I know a few tradies that fill up at that Shell for the points regardless of the price, as their boss is paying for the fuel. One mate uses his points for Virgin flights for the family holiday each Christmas, and his ears twigged when I mentioned cruises - too late for this year though.

Those with flybuys/Coles affiliated credit cards will be gathering plenty of points, and that is the lure of having one. I ditched my linked NAB one around 10 years ago in lieu of 28degrees. Back then, we used to convert our points back to credit on the NAB card, but have since routinely cashed them in for ""free"" groceries at Coles.

Good luck to those getting a cruise with their accrued points, as you have earned them. 

I received my email from Virgin Voyages this morning professing to contain my access code to redeem my cruise. 
Unfortunately, it said “your access key is.” (No code) ” Seems they forgot to add in the access key code! 
Was wandering if this has happened to anyone else? I can’t contact them yet. 

28 minutes ago, Jandex said:

I received my email from Virgin Voyages this morning professing to contain my access code to redeem my cruise. 
Unfortunately, it said “your access key is.” (No code) ” Seems they forgot to add in the access key code! 

Nevermind. Second email arrived with the code. 😊

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jandex said:

Our email also arrived without an Access Key. We have not yet received a replacement email.

Have you managed to book the cruise you wanted once your code arrived?