Meraviglia YC pros and cons each deck

luckyinpa

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 10:24 AM, Hydrotx said:

Good to hear as I'll be in 16006 on my next cruise. 

Have you taken the cruise yet? I'm on deck 14 currently, but, 16006 just became available. I like the location, but am concerned that there might be a galley above it that would wake me early in the morning.  The other discussions here are about the balcony cabins, I believe.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Have you taken the cruise yet? I'm on deck 14 currently, but, 16006 just became available. I like the location, but am concerned that there might be a galley above it that would wake me early in the morning.  The other discussions here are about the balcony cabins, I believe.

I have not.  We bid on an upgrade and won it, so we are doing one of the YC Deluxe rooms.  I had some concerns about storage for my wife’s planned luggage assortment.  No longer assigned to that room.

Edited by Hydrotx

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Hydrotx said:

I have not.  We bid on an upgrade and won it, so we are doing one of the YC Deluxe rooms.  I had some concerns about storage for my wife’s planned luggage assortment.  No longer assigned to that room.

Thanks. I think we'll stay on deck 14. Being closer to the lounge would be nice, but the possibility of being under the galley is not something I want to take a chance on.

Edited by MisterBill99

On 9/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, Até said:

White are not available,  colored are available and black is the one selected to book. 

ETA:  My only concerns about 16002 are it is actually under the dining room directly above, luckily a seating area and not a waiter station, and the balcony position relative to the bridge extension. Balcony also has a slight cove forward.  Otherwise it is in a quiet location with good access to the lounge and other services. 

So, did you actually take the cruise yet? I was in a front-facing balcony on Seaside (a non-YC suite with a huge balcony that I never should have booked, but that's another story), and it was unusable when the ship was moving due to the wind. I still can't believe that MSC has front-facing balconies.

On 9/23/2023 at 6:14 AM, umpisoccer said:

We stayed in a YC interior on deck 16 right next to the lounge and loved it.  It was not loud at all.  We enjoyed being able to walk out of our room and be right next to the bar to get coffee and drinks.

What cabin were you in? The deck 16 interior cabins seem like they are under galley/prep areas.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I was in 16010....didn't hear a peep.

Thanks. I wonder what's in the space above it on deck 18? I had a very poor experience on Celebrity Silhouette many years ago, was below the buffet and thought that it was the dining area and we'd be fine. Every morning around 6am, I would hear carts rolling above us. Couldn't understand why, so finally one morning I got dressed and went upstairs when it was happening. Turns out that I forgot that the deck above us extended out, and our cabin actually ended up being below the walkway and right at the doors from the galley.

In any event, the cabin on deck 16 is no longer available, but I'll consider it if one becomes available again. Walking up and down two flights isn't the worst thing, gives us some exercise.  And our deck 14 cabin is above and below other cabins.

Edited by MisterBill99

56 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Thanks. I wonder what's in the space above it on deck 18? I had a very poor experience on Celebrity Silhouette many years ago, was below the buffet and thought that it was the dining area and we'd be fine. Every morning around 6am, I would hear carts rolling above us. Couldn't understand why, so finally one morning I got dressed and went upstairs when it was happening. Turns out that I forgot that the deck above us extended out, and our cabin actually ended up being below the walkway and right at the doors from the galley.

In any event, the cabin on deck 16 is no longer available, but I'll consider it if one becomes available again. Walking up and down two flights isn't the worst thing, gives us some exercise.  And our deck 14 cabin is above and below other cabins.

No need to walk...threre's a dedicated elevator in the YC.  It took about one minute to leave our cabin and get up to the pool deck!