Ketchikan-Harley-Davidson Tour-Worth the Money?

5 in OK

The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle tour is pretty pricey - over $250.00 per driver and over $100.00 for passengers. We're trying to decide if it's worth the cost - it seems pretty fun - but over $700.00 for a family of 4 for a 3 hour ride.:confused:

My husband did a 3 day Harley rental interior Alaska. Great with the hog discount. But Ketchikan has very limited roads, certainly scenic, only you can determine if this is worth it for you.

As a side, I have all the Alaska, Yukon Harley shirts. All ports now have shops as well as several interior areas. If going to Fairbanks- do consider the farthest north outpost. :)

The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle tour is pretty pricey - over $250.00 per driver and over $100.00 for passengers. We're trying to decide if it's worth the cost - it seems pretty fun - but over $700.00 for a family of 4 for a 3 hour ride.:confused:

How did you hear about this? My hubster rides and would love to ride a motorcycle in AK! Is there a website? Thanks, Julie

How did you hear about this? My hubster rides and would love to ride a motorcycle in AK! Is there a website? Thanks, Julie

Julie,

We are sailing with HAL and it was one of the options for Ketchikan. Below is the HAL excursion info - but it doensn't tell what company they use.

Harley-Davidson® Motorcycle Tourim_shorex_3walkblack.gifim_shorex_limitedcap.gifim_shorex_medallion.gif

PricePrice $268DurationApproximately 3 1/2 hours (*Passenger Rate may only be booked onboard*) DescriptionThis is a guided tour on late-model Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, and covers 55 miles of paved road. Your tour guide is an experienced motorcycle rider with local knowledge of lore and legend. Riders will have the opportunity to see much of Ketchikan along the Tongass Highway, including boat harbors, barge lines, shipyard, airport, sawmill, cannery sites and beautiful Knudson Cove.

There will be a stop at Totem Bight State Park along with a brief narrated tour, and a photo opportunity at a scenic overlook. A cup of fresh coffee at a local business specializing in coffee roasting gives riders a chance to stretch their legs and enjoy our fresh air. This tour is offered to America's growing number of motorcycle enthusiasts and those who wish to experience the freedom of riding a Harley-Davidson® in Alaska.

NotesHelmet use is mandatory. A valid driver's license with motorcycle endorsement is required. Riders must be willing to demonstrate riding skill prior to tour departure.

Tour participants are required to put a deposit on a major credit card for insurance deductible, which is credited when equipment is returned undamaged, including motorcycle and riding gear. Minimum age is 21. Guests riding as passengers on the motorcycle may book their passenger fare ticket onboard. Passenger rate is $142 USD.

Hope this helps. (: My dad is a giant Harley fan too!

Janet

MAN O MAN

This would make the trip the Ultimate for my Husband, he has for years wanted to do a Fly and Ride, but I always nix them since sitting on my butt for my vacation isn't my idea of fun (hence all the cruises!) :D He is a HOG member, I wonder if I could contact them directly and see if they have anything availabe this would be great!!!!!!!

Archived