Should we do Tracy Arm Fjord Tour in Juneau?

v3cruiser

We are considering doing a Tracy arm fjord tour when we stop in Juneau. Our ship is in port from 7am to 8pm and the fjord tour is from 9am to 4 pm. The fjord tour is round trip from Juneau. 

Has anyone done this tour while stopped in Juneau? Will we regret not hanging out in Juneau that day and seeing Mendenhall glacier? 

Are there any shuttles/taxis from town to the AJ dock?(I think we will dock there since we are cruising with NCL and its about 1.5 mile walk from ship to meeting point for tour).

Thanks!

Yes - Tracy Arm is much better than Mendenhall. You are not missing anything by skipping Mendenhall glacier.

Are you going with Allen Marine?

I would definitely do this! I have done this with a different vendor and loved the tour.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

Yes, yes, yes!! We have done the excursion twice through Adventure Bound and would do it again in a heartbeat. It is such a different experience going through Tracy Arm on a small boat and getting up close to the glacier. We still count these trips in our top 5 Alaska excursions. If your port time makes it possible, by all means do it. Worth every cent!

Edited to add: It is a long walk from where you will be docked - doable but not optimal. There is likely a shuttle that will be available that might get you closer. If not, a taxi service might be your best option. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Thanks for replies! Yes it is through Allen Marine. I think we can uber. lyft, or shuttle to tour meeting point.  Those pictures are stunning!

You will still have time to stop by the Glacier Smoothie Soap shop (log cabin) on Franklin Street for a bar of Juneau Gold glacier silt soap.

There should be shuttle buses to/from the piers not in the downtown area. If you decide to walk the mile+, it will be a bit uphill going in to town but downhill when you return to the pier.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, Crew News said:

You will still have time to stop by the Glacier Smoothie Soap shop (log cabin) on Franklin Street for a bar of Juneau Gold glacier silt soap.

There should be shuttle buses to/from the piers not in the downtown area. If you decide to walk the mile+, it will be a bit uphill going in to town but downhill when you return to the pier.

The last 2x I have been in Juneau, they have been closed 😞 I buy their soap and put it in my dresser drawers.