Changing category of cabin after final payment when next category is cheaper?

Dreamcruise27

Hello, 

Concierge guarantee is now cheaper than the veranda guarantee that I have booked. I am past final payment.

i know in the past I was able to change categories as long as it was more expensive. Is this still the case? Has anyone been able to change categories after final payment if the price is LOWER than your booked category?

TIA!

14 minutes ago, ewespinme said:

Way back in 2014, celebrity let me upgrade to Aqua from Veranda for $20 a person on a transatlantic after final payment. It certainly would be worth the phone call in my mind. 

Every time I have tried this in the last couple years they do NOT quote me the lowest price of the upgrade.  Usually a lot  more expensive.

let us know how you make out.

• Like 1

Years ago they denied my request to upgrade to a CS from SS when the CS was lower priced than a SS.    My TA called the President and he overrode the Customer Service Team and allowed it but no reduction in fare I paid.   I was ok with this.

Generally the new room category has to be at least $1 higher than existing fare.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

I have an ocean view guarantee and wanted to get a balcony guarantee for 100 more, the guaranteed price is for new bookings only.  next cruise I will book balcony guarantee and save some time lol

I am after final payment.