Review of Celebrity Infinity 9/9-9/16, ship only, not ports

budmeister

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

budmeister was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I had this in the Greece forum, but realized that this part is only about the ship. The parts about the ports are in the Greek forum

Sadly, it is the last day of our cruise. I am happily sitting in the Constellation at deck 11 forward tip of the ship lounge with a cup of coffee, enjoying the view of Hydra. I love this lounge. It is huge, 3/4s around floor to seating windows,  air conditioned and quiet most of day time.

First, I will comment on a couple of board  type topics.  We had chocolates on our pillows,  our room was cleaned twice if we left long enough at the right times, the dining room coffee was better than expected. Paper daily schedules were delivered each night. There was a sommelier listed for each table on the plaque and one stopped by each of the 2 nights we were there.

The shows we saw were excellent, the mentalist and magician awe- inspiring. Every crew member was exceptionally friendly and helpful, except the one that dropped it a notch because I really wanted something he could not give me. I loved the theater seating of rows of connected couches and little tables for your drinks. And there was room to let people by without standard up. The rooftop terrace was another wonderful surprise. Couch like seating. Not crowded and split between shade and sun, and fairly quiet, even if a movie was showing. There was a lot of live music that I liked quite often when we passed a lounge .

I wanted table that was reserved for 2 and not 3 inches from the one next to the next one. 

My only complaints  of the ship  are about the dining room. When the dining room was full and there were lines, I was not accommodated with a true 2 person table or a table for 4 which would have solved the problem, and the slim dining room menu, and service was slow and very understaffed. I am sure it was very frustrating for the crew to work so hard and have guests unhappy with the dining While I liked the dining room dinner food, hubby had the basic chicken the 2 nights we ate there. The menu was slim, with a fish, salmon, ordinary chicken, iffy beef every night. Daily differences included a vegetarian dish I liked and a second chicken or salmon. I love the French onion soup and the salads and appetizers,  plus the vegetarian and pasta choices, so had it better. The Alfredo gnocchi was wondering as well as a fruit curd dessert. 

We ate in the buffet the most of the rest of the cruise and really enjoyed our food. It exceeded our expectations, we cleared our plates instead of taking a bit or two of lots of stuff and not liking it. We never had trouble finding tables in the buffet and you do have to go to the tip in the back  for some of the best food. It looks Iike you are going past where the buffet ends. We went back to main dining once because of that french onion soup and I liked the pasta, hubby said steak was edible, and we both liked the desserts.

There are European and American outlets,  but only 2 of each. If you don't bring adapters, that limits charging your electronics over night when you have a cpap and white noise machine.

The ship is longer than I expected.  I usually book mid ship on a big ship, twice the passengers of this one, and was surprised that the walk from ship aft dining to a room almost the farthest forward room was such a walk.

Edited by budmeister
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your review. 

How was the fabric of the ship? Did it generally look well maintained? Were the soft furnishings OK carpets, chairs etc?

We are booked on Infinity next year…We are aware she is an older ship but there is a big difference between dated and tacky…Dated I am happy with…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

How was the fabric of the ship? Did it generally look well maintained? Were the soft furnishings OK carpets, chairs etc?

We are booked on Infinity next year…We are aware she is an older ship but there is a big difference between dated and tacky…Dated I am happy with…

We sailed on the Infinity a year ago and thought that she was in great shape for her age. My only complaint if any was because of its size the buffet lacked the variety of food in the Ocean View Cafe on the Equinox. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Well, I am not the most observant, but I only noticed a couple of things. Colors were a bit faded and the wood on the chairs in the dining room showed nicks and scratches. I am pretty sue that if I looked or thought about it I would have seen more, but nothing else caught my attention.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  We booked a cruise on this ship going in 2025.  Not a ship I would have picked but we were going with a group and it's a bucket list trip to Israel and Egypt.  We liked the itinerary.  Ship looks nice enough and we are easy to please so as long as the food is edible and the vibe is laid back and relaxed I think we will be just fine.  Looking forward to this ship.  A lot can change in 18 months though.

• Like 1

We had a similar issue on Silhouette recently, table for two is impossible really, as you are seated on a long walkway where all the staff go up and down with food, (like a motorway of people) and your table is one inch from the next ‘table of two’ everyone I saw sitting there looked so unhappy and awkward. Better to just ask to share a bigger better located table. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

We sailed on the Infinity a year ago and thought that she was in great shape for her age. My only complaint if any was because of its size the buffet lacked the variety of food in the Ocean View Cafe on the Equinox. 

Thank you for that…I feel a bit better! Everything about the cruise (itinerary, timing, room booked…) really appeals but we were on Summit just before her upgrade and she was showing her age, I particularly remember the chairs in some of the lounges being shabby but not chic!

12 hours ago, wilmingtech said:

Thanks for posting.  We booked a cruise on this ship going in 2025.  Not a ship I would have picked but we were going with a group and it's a bucket list trip to Israel and Egypt.  We liked the itinerary.  Ship looks nice enough and we are easy to please so as long as the food is edible and the vibe is laid back and relaxed I think we will be just fine.  Looking forward to this ship.  A lot can change in 18 months though.

I really wanted to revisit an M class ship again….Much as I love S class a change is nice. I think I can ignore a bit of faded fabric and a few scratches on the chairs…We board September 2024, I will do a review and definitely comment on the condition of the ship then.

• Like 1