Is a Suite on non-Royal class ship worth it for Elite?

nattie

We have sailed on Enchanted this summer in the aft Penthouse and loved most of the experience, except for being aft because constant vibrations were very annoying. LOVED the suite lounge and would not hesitate to book a suite on a Royal class ship. Our next Princess cruise is on Diamond Princess and I can get a Reserve mini-suite (for dining perks) for half a price of the suite. What suite benefits might I be missing that will make the extra $$$ worth it for us? We are all Elite, so already get laundry and mini bar set up.

Your special breakfast option would be in Reserve dining rather than specialty, and no complimentary specialty dinner the first night.  Suite guests on most non-Royal class ships get a free pass to the thermal suite at the spa. I think the concierge lounge is a much better benefit for us. It really comes down to how much the extra space is worth to you.

17 minutes ago, donswife said:

Your special breakfast option would be in Reserve dining rather than specialty, and no complimentary specialty dinner the first night.  Suite guests on most non-Royal class ships get a free pass to the thermal suite at the spa. I think the concierge lounge is a much better benefit for us. It really comes down to how much the extra space is worth to you.

Thank you for reminding me of this! Totally forgot about special breakfast for Suites. 

FWIW, just came off Sapphire (sister to Diamond) a few weeks ago in a mid-ship full suite.  We like the extra space and spend a good deal of time in the room; however, quite frankly, a Reserve mini would have been fine, even without Sabatini's breakfast.  In our case the price difference was not as great as what you're looking at and was tolerable.  We've also been in a Royal Class mid ship suite and the Concierge Lounge is very nice.

There are tradeoffs and only you can decide the ones that are important.  Incidentally we find the Sapphire and Diamond comfortable and a reasonable size; however, the smaller Coral is our preference.  Not a fan of big ships.

Thank you everyone for responding! 

We already get complimentary laundry, not express though and mini-bar as well as separate line at Customer service.

Unfortunately Diamond is the only one doing Japan, otherwise we would have booked Royal class ship in a heartbeat. We have previously been on Emerald, Ruby and Caribbean from that class of ships  and are OK with them, but not favorite by any means. I would take Coral or any Royal class ship over any Grand ship.

Considering that you are an elite with most of the suite perks, then the only difference would be losing suite breakfast and a larger cabin.  Only you can decide if this is worth it.  The Diamond Japan itinerary is pretty port intensive.  You seem to be a better match for the Royal Class ships (with the concierge's lounge).  That is why Princess has different classes of ships.