Pastry recipes? Even approximately?

RCNigam

Just completed a cruise on Emerald Princess.  Ate the most fabulous pastries (of course).  Some of them were even sugar-free, and they tasted wonderful too, in fact they tasted the best!  Tasted airy/fluffy/light and not over-sweet at all. So: any recipes or guesstimate recipes, for those square layer-ey pastries like the green pistachio one, or other similar ones?

We too recently completed a cruise on the Emerald. Agree, very light on the flavor.  Many of the desserts used a mousse. A lot air bubbles whipped into whatever flavor. Also noticed less use of sugar than desserts usually in the US, more like desserts I've had in Europe or Asia. Not saying that's good or bad, just different. I am not good making pastry, but surely a flaky pastry recipe can be found. How to make a pistachio mousse as well. Good luck!

I believe one of the ‘perks’ of the Chef’s table experience was you were given a copy of the Princess Cook book which I assume has some of the dessert recipes. Last year I was told the book is being updated with no indication of the release date. I believe the cook book is no longer given till the new one is released. You might try and see if anyone is reselling the cook books on other platforms.

5 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe one of the ‘perks’ of the Chef’s table experience was you were given a copy of the Princess Cook book which I assume has some of the dessert recipes. Last year I was told the book is being updated with no indication of the release date. I believe the cook book is no longer given till the new one is released. You might try and see if anyone is reselling the cook books on other platforms.

Nothing pastry wise in any Princess cookbook is currently being served on the ships. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RCNigam said:

Just completed a cruise on Emerald Princess.  Ate the most fabulous pastries (of course).  Some of them were even sugar-free, and they tasted wonderful too, in fact they tasted the best!  Tasted airy/fluffy/light and not over-sweet at all. So: any recipes or guesstimate recipes, for those square layer-ey pastries like the green pistachio one, or other similar ones?

I did ask the pastry chef once for a recipe while OB.  He returned with the recipe a few days later.

Of course, it was for 1000 and that’s where my 3rd grade math came in. 🤣

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I did ask the pastry chef once for a recipe while OB.  He returned with the recipe a few days later.

Of course, it was for 1000 and that’s where my 3rd grade math came in. 🤣

We asked for a recipe on Holland America and the chef presented it downsized for home cooking and made a few suggestions for variations.

45 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

We asked for a recipe on Holland America and the chef presented it downsized for home cooking and made a few suggestions for variations.

Nice.  I also got one from RCI and CCL, but none were cut down.

But, I can do it!🥴