starlink?

jborchart

Does anyone have information about MSC's plans for Starlink? Now that every other major cruise line has either already upgraded or has plans to, I'm wondering.

What Is Starlink and Which Cruise Ships Use Starlink Internet (cruisecritic.com)

I was on Orchestra this summer and the Wi-Fi/Internet was laughably out of date.  So I was thinking they were holding out for a "big upgrade" to starlink, but I've seen nothing in writing.  

• 1 month later...

A bit of a bump, but I was on the MSC Euribia about two weeks ago. They switched over to Starlink from the old SES satellites during our stop in Hamburg. The speed increased dramatically and the ping dropped considerably too (this was on the surf package only).

image.thumb.png.e6ef389fcd2351ccebabc9c319cd21f8.png

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, nicksterv said:

A bit of a bump, but I was on the MSC Euribia about two weeks ago. They switched over to Starlink from the old SES satellites during our stop in Hamburg. The speed increased dramatically and the ping dropped considerably too (this was on the surf package only).

Do you know or would you ask if they have any plans to roll Starlink out fleet wide?  That would be nice. 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Do you know or would you ask if they have any plans to roll Starlink out fleet wide?  That would be nice. 

Sadly not, was just a bonus for us when the speed increased midway!

Edited by nicksterv
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I was looking to take the MSC orchestra cruise ship in the next week. I can’t find any information either directly from the company or online with regards to Internet access on the ship. I am particularly interested in Starlink. 

unfortunately, I will need to be connected and do some work while I’m onboard. Anybody have any updated information on the orchestra cruise ship and what the Internet is currently like onboard?