Escape 14-Day cruise cancelled

robtx100

I received notice today that NCL has cancelled all Escape cruises from Galveston January 2025 thru March 2025. I'm a bit bummed because I loved the itinerary. The email states we'll receive full refund (we were over half paid off) and 10% off a future cruise. We used $250 cruisefirst certificates for $500 payment on all three cabins, I guess we will lose that $250 cruisefirst amount and all the points I racked up on the NCL credit card. They only mention Future Cruise certs in the email. Their reason for cancelling is "repositioning", but I had a felling that many 14 day cruises out of Galveston in a three month period would be hard to fill up the ship. 

1 minute ago, robtx100 said:

I received notice today that NCL has cancelled all Escape cruises from Galveston January 2025 thru March 2025. I'm a bit bummed because I loved the itinerary. The email states we'll receive full refund (we were over half paid off) and 10% off a future cruise. We used $250 cruisefirst certificates for $500 payment on all three cabins, I guess we will lose that $250 cruisefirst amount and all the points I racked up on the NCL credit card. They only mention Future Cruise certs in the email. Their reason for cancelling is "repositioning", but I had a felling that many 14 day cruises out of Galveston in a three month period would be hard to fill up the ship. 

Your certificates will be returned to you!

I'm not holding my breath that the CruiseFirst will retain the full value, yet our PCC told us they will!  Hopefully, they will, since NCL canceled the cruises!

(We knew when we purchased that if we cancelled the value would be only the total we paid.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Your certificates will be returned to you!

I'm not holding my breath that the CruiseFirst will retain the full value, yet our PCC told us they will!  Hopefully, they will, since NCL canceled the cruises!

(We knew when we purchased that if we cancelled the value would be only the total we paid.)

I hope so, I too, purchased the CruiseFirst when I booked this Escape cruise.  Be interesting to see how things get changed around. We were looking forward to sailing out of Galvaston, never been there before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davencl said:

On the NCL website it appears the Escape has been repositioned to Port Canaveral.   Cruises listed from Jan to March...

My mistake was looking at 2024, post is about 2025....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, robtx100 said:

Tagging you in case you don't see. 

2 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

FYI...the Prima is going to be back in Galveston January 2025 with a couple of 14 day cruises.  No word yet on the Escape but probably switch with the Prima's NY cruises.  

Thank you. I'm anxiously awaiting the 2025 Caribbean schedule to come out. The Prima would be great to sail on either a 7 or 14 day. We are booked up for 2024 already with a Carnival and RCL. 

Called my PCC yesterday and booked the Prima out of Galveston for the Jan 31, 14 day sailing. Used my CruiseFirst cert that had been credited back to my account as well as the 10% off credit that we received from NCL due to cancelling the Escape cruise.  🙂 

• Like 2