LUGGAGE TAGS ON SCHEDULED FLIGHTS

sandancer

I know that as we are on a Jet2 scheduled flight our luggage will not go to the ship as per charter flights. I assume we collect them from the baggage carrousel and take them to the transfer coach. I’m not sure whether to put the tags on before they go on the plane or when we arrive. Having seen some of the bags being thrown around I’m nervous of losing the tags. Any suggestions?

20 minutes ago, david63 said:

If it was me I would put them on after you have collected your luggage at the airport. Probably the easiest way is to use the plastic sleeves that are available on Amazon.

We bought those plastic sleeves with the wire toggle fastener, they kept the labels dry and secure .

We also printed spare labels and carried a spare sleeve in our hand luggage,should any mishaps happen .

Edited by kalos

In the past P&O have advised to put them on at the departure airport - which we have always done and never had problems with them coming off. If they did come off then there are plenty of P&O staff at the other end to sort out replacements. (We have always travelled Jet2).

Edited by Spike11
Added info

As those of you will know from my post about not being allocated a cabin we do not have the luxury of any labels at all and have been told by our TA that we may not get to know the cabin until we land at Malta.

I have tried to explain to our TA that once we collect our luggage at Malta airport it is then taken off us after we have cleared customs and put onto a truck so if we do not have P&O luggage labels how will they know which cabin to deliver the luggage to let alone which ship|! We are busy constructing our DIY luggage labels to make it clear our name which ship and which cruise but I am still anxious 

This whole experience is getting me down. P&O used to be my cruise company of choice now I am not so sure

• Like 1