A buddy of mine snapped this pic of Eclipse today from his Apartment in downtown San Diego...

Stockjock

We'll actually be on Eclipse in a few weeks, but what's interesting is that even though we live in San Diego, we cannot do our exit disembarkation in San Diego due to maritime laws, as Cabo isn't considered a "distant foreign port".   I guess we'll just hang out on the ship for the day, return to L.A., and then return to San Diego via Greyhound (pray for us).  I don't love Ensenada, but I would have preferred a 2nd stop in Mexico, but they didn't consult me when planning their schedules.

Some might recall that these 6-night cruises were pretty cheap via Celebrity's Amazing Deals promo.  I think an inside was $249, OV $299, Veranda $349, and we opted for Concierge Class at $499.  I guess these cruises weren't selling well?  Of course, by the time we added specialty restaurant, wi-fi, premium drinks, tips and such, the priced increased to about $2,500+ for both of us.

IMG_8944.jpeg

• Like 3

We are on the 12/1 sailing.  I live in orange county so it’s easy to jump on for me. Our stops are Cabo and San Diego which is nice. having done mostly royal Caribbean and carnival, I am very excited to be checking out celebrity.  

Just as a sidenote, in Ensenada, you are only 20-30 minutes from incredible wine country is winetasting is something that you like. The wine is comparable to Napa.  I don’t know if they have any tours to Valle De Guadalupe but you can alway get a private driver. Incredible farm to table food.  That’s the only reason to leave the ship in Ensenada in my opinion.  😎

Edited by AMediator
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AMediator said:

We are on the 12/1 sailing.  I live in orange county so it’s easy to jump on for me. Our stops are Cabo and San Diego which is nice. having done mostly royal Caribbean and carnival, I am very excited to be checking out celebrity.  

Just as a sidenote, in Ensenada, you are only 20-30 minutes from incredible wine country is winetasting is something that you like. The wine is comparable to Napa.  I don’t know if they have any tours to Valle De Guadalupe but you can alway get a private driver. Incredible farm to table food.  That’s the only reason to leave the ship in Ensenada in my opinion.  😎

I've been to some of the Ensenada wineries and you're right, they're pretty good.

As mentioned, this ship does not stop in Ensenada, but rather, Cabo and San Diego.  You can see from the photo where my buddy lives relative to the ship, and I too am in SD, so it's not exactly an exciting port of call for us, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I've been to some of the Ensenada wineries and you're right, they're pretty good.

As mentioned, this ship does not stop in Ensenada, but rather, Cabo and San Diego.  You can see from the photo where my buddy lives relative to the ship, and I too am in SD, so it's not exactly an exciting port of call for us, lol.

She has a couple one off itineraries that stop there you are correct most of the seasons it's Cabo and SD

• Like 2

We're on Eclipse on Oct 28th for an 8 day Mexican Riviera.  Overnighting in Cabo( we'll be here on Halloween), then PV  and Mazatlán.  I paid 2417 for an OV and then another 185PP with move up for a balcony.  We have everything included, tips, classic beverage package and wifi.  I upgraded the wifi on a sale.  My TA gave us 50OBC, the lowest amount we've ever received.  We'll get another 50 in Loyalty credit from the TA onboard. 

27 minutes ago, calicakes said:

We're on Eclipse on Oct 28th for an 8 day Mexican Riviera.  Overnighting in Cabo( we'll be here on Halloween), then PV  and Mazatlán.  I paid 2417 for an OV and then another 185PP with move up for a balcony.  We have everything included, tips, classic beverage package and wifi.  I upgraded the wifi on a sale.  My TA gave us 50OBC, the lowest amount we've ever received.  We'll get another 50 in Loyalty credit from the TA onboard. 

I have an Amex Platinum card and I did my booking through a TA, since Celebrity bookings usually get $200-$300 OBC + perks through the Amex Cruise Privileges program.  They gave me zero because it was an Amazing Deals discounted rate.  Not even a bottle of wine.