Boarding Time Confusion- Please Help

Astalarasta

Hello experienced Azamara Cruisers,

We received our cruise documents directly from Azamara. This will be our first cruise with Azamara and are confused by the  information in our documents.

It notes that sailing time is 4:30PM. The time listed for our boarding group(Deck 6) is 3:30 to 4:30 PM and there is also a statement indicating that we will be denied boarding if not checked in at the pier at least 90 minutes before sailing.   

Any advice for when we should arrive at the port?  We are sailing from Port Everglades.    Looking forward to your thoughts!

Thank you for the replies.  Gremlins indeed😂

Since our hotel checkout is at 11AM, that should give us time for a leisurely lunch and Uber to the port  by 2ish.

We have never sailed out of a large US port like Ft. Lauderdale, so we are not sure what to expect.  The port schedule shows several  large ships sailing the same day.  I was imagining long lines for checkin and security.

On 10/8/2023 at 8:13 PM, Astalarasta said:

Hello experienced Azamara Cruisers,

We received our cruise documents directly from Azamara. This will be our first cruise with Azamara and are confused by the  information in our documents.

It notes that sailing time is 4:30PM. The time listed for our boarding group(Deck 6) is 3:30 to 4:30 PM and there is also a statement indicating that we will be denied boarding if not checked in at the pier at least 90 minutes before sailing.   

Any advice for when we should arrive at the port?  We are sailing from Port Everglades.    Looking forward to your thoughts!

Hi Can you tell me where you find the time for boarding? I think we are the cruise before you (Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale) and haven’t received that detail yet. Thanks

We got the sames letter for our recent cruise. If we had have followed its instructions we would have missed the compulsory safety briefing!

We turned up at about 1:30 and walked straight on. 

Enjoy your cruise 

• Like 1

Tiggertom,

We contacted Azamara to ask them to provide whatever documents were needed to enter the port and board the ship.  They emailed a " Guest Ticket Booklet", with all of the confusing details and boarding passes.

Hen302, 

It is a good thing that you did not follow the Azamara instructions!   We have cruised only a few prior times on smaller ships and the boarding time was less formal, no boarding groups and we boarded a little after 12PM, in time for lunch.

1 hour ago, Astalarasta said:

.....We have cruised only a few prior times on smaller ships and the boarding time was less formal, no boarding groups and we boarded a little after 12PM, in time for lunch.

We generally board in time for lunch, would be earlier but they do not cover breakfast for new guests on embarkation day! 😆

On 10/10/2023 at 4:14 AM, Astalarasta said:

Thank you for the replies.  Gremlins indeed😂

Since our hotel checkout is at 11AM, that should give us time for a leisurely lunch and Uber to the port  by 2ish.

We have never sailed out of a large US port like Ft. Lauderdale, so we are not sure what to expect.  The port schedule shows several  large ships sailing the same day.  I was imagining long lines for checkin and security.

Other than driving into the port, you won’t have to mix it with passengers for other ships. Each ship has its own space in a terminal building for security, checking in, and boarding arriving passengers. Since the Azamara ships are small, there is usually not much of a queue. I hope you have a great cruise!

On 10/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, lisiamc said:

Other than driving into the port, you won’t have to mix it with passengers for other ships. Each ship has its own space in a terminal building for security, checking in, and boarding arriving passengers. Since the Azamara ships are small, there is usually not much of a queue. I hope you have a great cruise!

That was not entirely the case yesterday in Istanbul!

With both Viking and Azamara on a turnaround, folk were ending up in the wrong queue here and there, but everything worked out by the time you got to the boarding ramp 😉

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

That was not entirely the case yesterday in Istanbul!

With both Viking and Azamara on a turnaround, folk were ending up in the wrong queue here and there, but everything worked out by the time you got to the boarding ramp 😉

Well, we have never been to the new terminal in Istanbul, so I can’t speak about that. I was answering a question about Ft Lauderdale, which we have experienced. 

• Like 1