What will happen for cruises leaving Haifa (Isreal)

PBM13

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

I don’t believe it is speculation, but fact, that an insurance company will not insure a cruise ship sailing into a war zone.

Also, given that many countries - Canada being one of them - are sending emergency flights to evacuate their citizens, feel free to continue speculating as to how soon cruises will resume from Haifa.

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Speculation!!!! How dare thou'est do such a thing! Speculation, I say!! 

Right? I guess if rank speculation is all that's necessary, here we go:

1. The world might end tomorrow

2. Gas might hit $100/gal next week

3. A meteor might hit the US this weekend, and

4. Cruising WILL BE CANCELLED from Israel for a long time.

All silly, except no one is saying the first 3. Case rested.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Emptybucket said:

Many Cruisers  tend to be optimists and dreamers …

While others are Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers. We've got all kinds here on CC. 😂

6 minutes ago, Emptybucket said:

Unfortunately the Israel situation in reality is a nightmare 

Without a doubt. 😨😭😞

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

What's your definition of soon?

I have in front of me the NCL Worldwide Cruising Guide International 2023-2025 (which we received at a cruise next presentation on the Prima.)

I see cruises going with ports in Israel or originating from Israel this month and next month. I think we can agree that they are not happening.

I also see cruises with Israel for 2024. My DW says there is one that she would like to do that has two ports in Israel and starts and ends in Greece. I went to the NCL website and tried to see about that cruise. When I put in Piraeus as the port, October for next year would not open. And when I tried October for next year, the ship for that cruise was not listed.

I think it is safe to say they are scrambling as to what to do for 2024 after they figure out what to do for the more immediate cruises.

As for 2025, I refuse to speculate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I have in front of me the NCL Worldwide Cruising Guide International 2023-2025 (which we received at a cruise next presentation on the Prima.)

I see cruises going with ports in Israel or originating from Israel this month and next month. I think we can agree that they are not happening.

I also see cruises with Israel for 2024. My DW says there is one that she would like to do that has two ports in Israel and starts and ends in Greece. I went to the NCL website and tried to see about that cruise. When I put in Piraeus as the port, October for next year would not open. And when I tried October for next year, the ship for that cruise was not listed.

I think it is safe to say they are scrambling as to what to do for 2024 after they figure out what to do for the more immediate cruises.

Thanks. I really have no idea, but I'd say it's quite unlikely there will be mega ships calling in Israel this month or next. My hunch is that there will be cruising in 2024, but I could be wrong. We will see.

I do have empathy for anyone currently on a cruise, or due on a cruise in the near future. As discussed above, at this point no-one knows yet whether /if /when things will be back to normal, whether cruises will return to Haifa, or whether something else, out of left field, will happen to further complicate things. Half the pain is not knowing. Once you know you can amend your plan accordingly and feel like you’re back in control.

i think I’m one of the fortunate ones. My cruise is nearly 13 months away with embarkation scheduled for Haifa. Although I can’t book airfares yet anyway because my dates won’t be released for another couple of months, but I think its probably a good idea to ensure my flights are flexible, even though that might initially be more expensive.

We are also booked on the 11/20/23 cruise from Haifa to Civitavecchia. I don't know why but I have not yet booked any flights to or the hotel in Tel Aviv/Haifa.

Athens/Piraeus sounds like the most reasonable thing to do for the cruise line since there is a large international airport to get guests in and out, a realiable infrastructure and not too much way to loose on the schedule. I guess it's the only real option in the eastern mediterranean.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The Crown Iris WAS in Haifa, I saw it on that site yesterday. It's now headed away from Israel and bound for Larnaca, Cyprus. I don't think there are any cruise ships currently docked anywhere in Israel.

Crown Iris has been "chartered" to bring back home around 800 Israeli guests from MSC Musica as it could not dock in Israel.

• Thanks 6

on one of the discount cruise sites, they have a disclaimer in BOLD RED wording that due to the current conflict in Israel, they will be changing the Itineraries with ports in Israel.  No time frame given, but its only natural to assume recreational travelers will be staying away from the area for awhile ( this conflict may take many ,many months, or years to end.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:57 AM, PBM13 said:

Has anyone heard what is going to happen with the cruises set to sail from Haifa Israel.  We have a cruise booked shortly and I am just concerned

In the current active situation of declared war in said country, would anyone be willing to travel to an active warzone or embark on static ship in port in said warzone? 

Optimists vs pessimists aside, common sense has to prevail at some point in this question. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WexIrl said:

In the current active situation of declared war in said country, would anyone be willing to travel to an active warzone or embark on static ship in port in said warzone? 

Optimists vs pessimists aside, common sense has to prevail at some point in this question. 

It is unfortunate, but common sense seems to be becoming less common.

Norwegian Cruise Line

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic situation in Israel. Our thoughts are with all those impacted during this time. As always, the safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our top priority. As a result, we have made the decision to cancel all calls to Israel for the remainder of 2023. We are currently working through alterations for affected itineraries and will communicate changes to impacted guests and travel partners as they are confirmed.” 

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:23 PM, ontheweb said:

Look again. Cruises Athens to Israel are showing for me next October. 

Heck, they are still selling Israel cruises for next month!! 

@Jetstreamer

Are they actually selling them?   Have you tried to purchase one?  Or is it just that it will take time to actually upgrade the details on the Cruise Lines websites?

If you look at post 36 you will see the login about what will happen.   I'm sure that all cruise lines will be issuing the same type of document.

We are currently working through alterations for affected itineraries and will communicate changes to impacted guests and travel partners as they are confirmed.” 

A P

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soungl said:

Norwegian Cruise Line

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic situation in Israel. Our thoughts are with all those impacted during this time. As always, the safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our top priority. As a result, we have made the decision to cancel all calls to Israel for the remainder of 2023. We are currently working through alterations for affected itineraries and will communicate changes to impacted guests and travel partners as they are confirmed.” 

Source:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/what-the-israel-and-hamas-conflict-means-for-cruise/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jetstreamer said:

Look again. Cruises Athens to Israel are showing for me next October. 

They are not selling cruises to Israel this month! If an Israeli port is showing, it only means they have not yet either cancelled the cruise or finalized the alternative port or sea day.