Which balcony room on Mardi Gras can I see straight down to the water?

Jenny in TX

We are looking at booking the Mardi Gras in 2025 from Barcelona to Port Canaveral after its dry dock.  We want a balcony room that looks straight down to the water and has cover from the rooms overhead.  Many of the balcony rooms look like they look down on the decks below them.  I saw someone said something about the "hump balconies" will look straight down to the water, but I'm not sure what that means.  We are going to be on board for 14 days so I would like to get a room where we can relax on the balcony and look straight out to the water without seeing the decks below us "jutting" out.  Thank you!

Hi @Jenny in TX🙂

I'm going to drop a couple links below that might offer you some assistance. Hopefully soon you'll hear from Cruise Critic members that have sailed Mardi Gras that can offer you a wide range of balconies that are covered, look straight down, and that can explain the hump balconies. Click below. 

💃🍹💃

• Thanks 1

We sailed it last year and were in 11412.  It's got the same category above it and below it.  We could look straight out at the water.  Look at the deck plan and see how it's on the part of the ship that juts out the farthest so you aren't looking at any ship parts below you.  I did extensive research before we sailed because I had heard there were a lot of balconies with obstructed views.  The is a regular balcony category and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Jenny in TX🙂

I'm going to drop a couple links below that might offer you some assistance. Hopefully soon you'll hear from Cruise Critic members that have sailed Mardi Gras that can offer you a wide range of balconies that are covered, look straight down, and that can explain the hump balconies. Click below. 

💃🍹💃

Thank you so much!  This helps a ton.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Jenny in TX🙂

💃🍹💃

20 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

Thank you so much!  This helps a ton.

Hi @Jenny in TX🙂

Oh, I'm so happy that information was able to help you a great deal.

I'd like to offer one more piece of advice to assist you, that being: Try to get a stateroom with cabins (above & below) you. A cabin sandwich, so to speak, a noise buffer.

You don't want to end up with a cabin with a kitchen above you, or a lounge, a theater, and so on.. Avoid possible banging, thumping,  loud music, crashing kitchen sound areas, at all costs. Look at the deck plans extremely carefully.

💃🍹💃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Jenny in TX🙂

Oh, I'm so happy that information was able to help you a great deal.

I'd like to offer one more piece of advice to assist you, that being: Try to get a stateroom with cabins (above & below) you. A cabin sandwich, so to speak, a noise buffer.

You don't want to end up with a cabin with a kitchen above you, or a lounge, a theater, and so on.. Avoid possible banging, thumping,  loud music, crashing kitchen sound areas, at all costs. Look at the deck plans extremely carefully.

💃🍹💃

That is always great advice!  We always cruise with nothing but cabins above and below us.  The crew start working way too early and I don't want to be woken up by music, chairs scraping on the floor or kitchen sounds!!

There are several really good extended view balconies still available and we are going to book one of those.  I appreciate your help and the video.  Normally we book a balcony on the Lido, as that is our preference for easy access to bars, pool and food, but we do love to relax on the balcony occasionally and since we will be at sea for 7 full days I want to have a good shot of the water and not the decks below me.  We also want shade!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, marci4tony said:

Just avoid the Havanah area - They are a deal breaker for "looking straight down" 🙂

Thank you!  We sailed in a Havana Cabana on the Vista and loved it, but they have changed it on the newer ships and it is not a draw for me anymore.  If we were on one of the ships where it is in the back like the Vista and there is a big pool and hot tubs we would do it again in a heartbeat!