Martini Flight Question

MattnTricia

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I like to rinse the glass with vermouth then pour out and fill with vodka.  I had one at a restaurant that was almost sweet.  Was it the vermouth?

I enjoy my vodka martini's this way also. Ordered as an "in and out"

21 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

What is crazy about the world wine tour?   I have seen positive reviews but nothing really that descriptive. 

We did the world wine tour on our recent Pacific Coast cruise on the Eclipse -- I wouldn't describe it as crazy, but it is definitely a LOT of wine. In case you're not familiar with the event, I believe the price was 30 to 35 PP (again, it was a lot of wine!). On our cruise, it was hosted in Cellar Master's. They had 6 wine stations set up. Each had several different red and white wine options available (2-3 of each), from a specific region (France, Spain, South Africa, etc.). At the start of the event, you are given a wine glass. You have an hour to visit whatever stations you want and try the various wines. They also served some snacks during the event.

We really enjoyed it and thought the wines were better than what is typically available on the beverage packages (though there may be overlap). We would definitely do it again!

3 hours ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

We did the world wine tour on our recent Pacific Coast cruise on the Eclipse -- I wouldn't describe it as crazy, but it is definitely a LOT of wine. In case you're not familiar with the event, I believe the price was 30 to 35 PP (again, it was a lot of wine!). On our cruise, it was hosted in Cellar Master's. They had 6 wine stations set up. Each had several different red and white wine options available (2-3 of each), from a specific region (France, Spain, South Africa, etc.). At the start of the event, you are given a wine glass. You have an hour to visit whatever stations you want and try the various wines. They also served some snacks during the event.

We really enjoyed it and thought the wines were better than what is typically available on the beverage packages (though there may be overlap). We would definitely do it again!

It was crazy when the staff tried to wrestle the bottles away from me as I was trying to self serve!  I’m doing them a favor!  🙂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, markeb said:

I realize this. I just find it strangely ironic that a martini bar doesn't list traditional martinis on its menu. It seems funny to me. 

They do lists some basic martins. Here’s a photo of the menu on Beyond from 10 minutes ago. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c4645d6f9d6e9c4fabba62800fdbd091.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 6:07 AM, zitsky said:

I wasn’t disparaging it.  It’s rather fun.  But it’s a million people crowded into a small area all trying to drink as much as possible in one hour.  And some of us trying to find a new favorite wine or learn something.

I signed up for the martini flight on the Eclipse.  6 X 3 oz = 18 oz 😂😂😂

When we did the World Wine Tour it was more of an exclusive experience.  They had a lower priced wine tasting and that is where most of the people went to.  For ours it was only about 10 people drinking some high end wines.  The sommelier poured the wines and gave a good description of them.  It was a quality vs quantity experience.

I am looking at the wine tastings now and they are missing the lower priced wine tasting...  

Did they merge the two tastings into one?

Edited by NMTraveller

On 10/13/2023 at 10:28 PM, zitsky said:

Not martini but I did a scotch flight.  To learn something.  The host wasn’t that great.  I knew more than they did.  But I’m signed up for a cocktail mixing class next time.  And the crazy world wine tour.

I'm with you. Not  a scotch drinker but I know more about wines than most of those servers. Wine tour I can do without. On my last cruise which was the Apex I had look at what was offered and they were all from the basic or even  lesser quality  package most I've had before some I'd  ever go near yet the girl at Eden said they are fantastic wines. A joke.  The mixology class was good.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

When we did the World Wine Tour it was more of an exclusive experience.  They had a lower priced wine tasting and that is where most of the people went to.  For ours it was only about 10 people drinking some high end wines.  The sommelier poured the wines and gave a good description of them.  It was a quality vs quantity experience.

I am looking at the wine tastings now and they are missing the lower priced wine tasting...  

Did they merge the two tastings into one?

Are you sure what you did with the sommeliers was called the World Wine tour?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you sure what you did with the sommeliers was called the World Wine tour?

The world wine tour is about $45 plus gratuities onboard and not worth the money they offer 6 reds and 6 whites you have about 1 hour to try them all. Very low end wines. Years ago it was a bargain as their offerings were some quite pricey wines but unfortunately all good things must come to an end.