Vibe and Premium Liquor Offerings - NCL Joy

Magicbar

Solo male cruiser  going on NCL Joy - Panama Canal to Miami December 6-16, 2023'

Taken 20 or so cruises with NCL and for the first time have upgraded to Premium Plus Package and Vibe pass for the week.  Is it possible to get for example Johnnie Walker Blue label which is available in the Haven I believe at the Vibe bar? May not be a stocked item, but if I request and tip the bar staff gernerously can they get it?

Thanks an advance for any assistance.

Edited by Magicbar

@Magicbar 

there’s a great live report from @birdcruises for her just completed cruise on the Joy. She generously posted almost every food and beverage menu from the ship. Look for her thread and you’ll find the list of available alcohol for Premium+, not sure if she also included the Vibe menu.

found it for you

*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy 5-Night Bermuda October 11-16, 2023

Edited by ColdCruise

Last year on the Joy the staff told me they were unable to get Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey at the Vibe.  Now granted, I did not try giving them money to make it happen (I've always tipped at the end of the cruise for good service), and instead met another amazing bartender down in the Maltings Whiskey Bar that I hung out with after the Vibe closed down for the night until the late night comedy show next door.

I'll actually be back in the Joy Vibe next Saturday and may ask again since on land it's my go-to drink.  If I do, I'll report back and let you know how it goes getting other liquors there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

What hours is the vibe open?

Mornings until around 7pm. 

12 hours ago, Magicbar said:

May not be a stocked item, but if I request and tip the bar staff generously can they get it?

I was in the Joy's Vibe last month.  The bar staff there is amazing.  Yes, ask them, probably not on day one, but after some time with them and after some tipping, as it may not be an easy thing to do on their behalf.

Have an amazing time!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Magicbar said:

Is it possible to get for example Johnnie Walker Blue label which is available in the Haven I believe at the Vibe bar? May not be a stocked item, but if I request and tip the bar staff gernerously can they get it?

Encore last December, a group there in the Vibe managed to get them to track down a bottle of fireball that normally wouldn't be in the Vibe bar.

If I were in your shoes, I'd introduce myself to the Vibe bartenders first thing, slip them a $20 or two, and then maybe later on that day or the next day ask if there is any chance of getting a bottle of what you want. 

Ther other thing to do is keep your eyes don't he name tags for various senior staff and if you find one from the beverage department, ask him/her.

23 hours ago, Magicbar said:

Solo male cruiser  going on NCL Joy - Panama Canal to Miami December 6-16, 2023'

Taken 20 or so cruises with NCL and for the first time have upgraded to Premium Plus Package and Vibe pass for the week.  Is it possible to get for example Johnnie Walker Blue label which is available in the Haven I believe at the Vibe bar? May not be a stocked item, but if I request and tip the bar staff gernerously can they get it?

Thanks an advance for any assistance.

There will be no top shelf liquor at the vibe bar, sorry.  but you can enjoy "shot o-clock"

I did a Miami - ABC Islands - Panama Canal - Miami cruise in the vibe and had a blast.  Everyone became friends because you just hang out with the small group all week.  Have fun!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i’m just off a back to back cruise on the joy and was in the vibe on both cruises. the staff is remarkable. will, george, randy, “deck,” sigit… every one of them a rock star in their own ways. can not say enough about how good this team is. much like the haven bartenders, they will make you anything… tell them you want something with watermelon and you’ll get a craft cocktail in a matter of minutes.

i saw plenty of top shelf liquor, including johnny blue. they also had gentleman jack and whatever that jack honey thing is. moreover, they were rather generous with tasting of liquor not in your package… meaning that they would pour a premium liquor for you, even if you just had the regular package. that would be more like a “taste” and i’m not suggesting that you could drink brands outside your package limitation for the entire cruise. on the other hand, they don’t seem to care much about swiping your card for bailey’s or other things that there might be a slight up-charge for. they also routinely eschewed well liquor… you’re quite likely to get tito’s or grey goose in your drink, even without requesting it. 

as for hours… i went up as early as 7 am some days. your keycard will get you in… they may not be set up, but you’re welcome to use the chairs and hot tubs. bar service officially begins at 9, but if you’re there earlier and you want something they will generally get it for you. the bar closes at 7, but people linger in the vibe, till as late as 9… typically using the hot tubs. 

• Like 1