Silver Moon: Late Dec., Jan. Sailing Challenges/Questions??

TLCOhio

16 hours ago, Charli001 said:

Thank you Terry, it was great to hook up with you also. I’m going to put this out there, has anyone asked for a refund for the 3 days sailing that we missed on Silvermoon (18 days to 15)seeing Mumbai was a bit of a disaster. Im going to ask the question and hopefully get a positive response.  Big high to all the Brits that I met on board, miss our Trivia.   Charli001

Super appreciate this great question and follow-up from our Aussie friend in Sydney.  

I still have the original 1-23-24 SS email that PROMISED to have "arranged three-night luxury hotel accommodations, reflective of Silversea standards, and enriching and immersive excursions in Mumbai.”

Let's have a "reality check".  Most of us got "nice and good hotels" with very average, boring, bland buffets in a sterile hotel ballrooms.  The few tour options in Mumbai offered by SS were not creative or immersive.  Average or OK was the summary bottom-line for these offerings, hardly "reflective of Silversea standards".

During the cruise, Silversea should have done some "extras" to express a "SORRY" for those failures to deliver on their missed promises in Mumbai and express regrets for not communicating and performing better.  I understand the challenges facing Silversea with these abrupt changes and that there were limits for the best options in and around Mumbai.  

YES, loved all of the UK folks onboard and these interesting/fun people on our cruise.  

Keep us posted if you get any type of reasonable response from Silversea as to your legitimate refund/rebate inquiry.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio 

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 111,649 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226