"NEW" visa for Cruise Passengers -Cambodia

Aulanis

For those on Regent, I contacted them about the new Visa D and they knew nothing about it.  They referred me to the Visa Central, which is who they use when you pay their $99 fee.  I spoke to Visa Central and they didn't know anything about it either. They stated they are using evisa for Cambodia for the Regent passengers.  Evisa states clearly that it is not accepted for seaports. CNN states you can obtain the visa upon arrival.  Visa D appears to only be available at a consulate, in person or a travel agency.  Save your money if you are on Regent and pay upon arrival.

Has anyone been on Regent to Cambodia recently and what was your experience?

This was posted in the Roll Call for Regent Explorer sailing from Singapore on Feb. 7. I'm on the same sailing, but didn't get this. But a phone agent told me we could get the Vietnam and Singapore visas on board, or pre-order them.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:18 PM, Smbruner said:

I just heard back from my TA who said this about our Cambodia visas - no mention yet of the cost but at least this resolves having to obtain visas at the Sihanoukville port.

Regent is aware of the circumstances around Cambodian eVisas not working for Cruise Itineraries and that there is currently a shortage of physical Visa Stickers worldwide for Embassies and Third-Party Services such as Gen Visa or Visa Central. Because of this Regent is arranging to have a representative on board and available during your Cruise that is dedicated to helping guests secure a Tourist Visa Upon Arrival.

Once you complete your embarkation, Regent asks that you check in at the Guest Relations desk, where they will have you fill out your appropriate paperwork and payment information so that they can procure a Tourist Visa on your behalf.

Regent does ask, just for ease and convenience, that all passports be valid for up to 6 months after the end of your cruise and that two passport-style photos per guest be available to avoid a potential additional fee with the Cambodian Issuing authority. Once processed, you will receive your visa and be free to explore Cambodia. Please let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance with this itinerary.

1 hour ago, hernandk said:

Thank you "toollworker".and "Smbruner"!  I can relax now.   I got the evisa for Vietnam online.(I wish Regent had told me the same, ugh!  🙄)

Yeah. Regent just sent detailed instructions for Indonesia and Australia, for at least the second time, for the previous leg. Dunno why they aren't doing that for this leg, or why @Smbruner got a notice and I didn't.

BTW on a recent Silversea cruise, Silversea just got Vietnam visas for everyone and charged us the same $25 as the government. Maybe Regent will do that too when they become a luxury cruise line - although to match Silversea they'd also have to cut prices by about 30%. But I digress.

• Like 1

Thanks for info on what Regent says they'll do regarding the Cambodia visa problem.  I hope Oceania will do the same.  I guess I won't be able to get off the ship right away as planned.  But that's better than not being able to get off at all.  And now the Cambodian Embassy where I live has extended their visa processing service until February, so getting a visa at home is out of the question.  (Embassy hasn't accepted tourist visa applications since mid-October!).