Arrival and departure in port

Thetis22

Can anyone tell me when/if Cunard typically gives more precise details of arrival and departure times into cruise ports? And if they do give these details, where they'd post them? Looking at other boards, pax seem to know the scheduled time of arrival but the Cunard itinerary on the sales pages just says eg 'early morning'

I want to book excursions independently but need some idea of when we'll arrive and depart.

14 minutes ago, david63 said:

Independent tour operators generally know the port times of ships and work their tours in with those times.

In any event published arrival/departure times will always be subject to change on the day.

Thank you

Cunard does not provide the precise arrival and departure times on their own websites or itineraries. However, those precise times are available on quite a few other travel agent and cruise booking websites. That includes Cunard's own partner websites for Spain, Austria and Switzerland.

What I just said isn't entirely correct though. Cunard does actually provide the precise arrival and departure times on their own websites if you dig into the details to view the page source on the voyage details pages within your web browser. Here's an example showing how the Cunard UK website reveals the precise arrival and departure times within the HTML code for one of their upcoming cruises to Norway.

...,"arrivalTime":"08:00","arrivePartOfTheDay":"Early morning","departTime":"17:00","departPartOfTheDay":"Afternoon","portDetails":{"id":"AES","name":"Alesund, Norway",...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Cunard does not provide the precise arrival and departure times on their own websites or itineraries. However, those precise times are available on quite a few other travel agent and cruise booking websites. That includes Cunard's own partner websites for Spain, Austria and Switzerland.

What I just said isn't entirely correct though. Cunard does actually provide the precise arrival and departure times on their own websites if you dig into the details to view the page source on the voyage details pages within your web browser. Here's an example showing how the Cunard UK website reveals the precise arrival and departure times within the HTML code for one of their upcoming cruises to Norway.

...,"arrivalTime":"08:00","arrivePartOfTheDay":"Early morning","departTime":"17:00","departPartOfTheDay":"Afternoon","portDetails":{"id":"AES","name":"Alesund, Norway",...

Oh wow! Inside info! thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Thetis22 said:

Can anyone tell me when/if Cunard typically gives more precise details of arrival and departure times into cruise ports? And if they do give these details, where they'd post them? Looking at other boards, pax seem to know the scheduled time of arrival but the Cunard itinerary on the sales pages just says eg 'early morning'

I want to book excursions independently but need some idea of when we'll arrive and depart.

I agree with you about their description of times of day in words not digits.

On a upcoming sailing I always look at other sites to find the exact times of arrival and departure.

Wish they did post the times since they definitely know them in the background.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, david63 said:

Quite often you can find the exact times from the port's website

Also, the port websites will usually give the terminal or berth assignment. On our more recent voyages the Cunard site would say terminal information would be provided later and it never was - not even on the boarding pass. That is not important for Vancouver, but it matters in other ports such as Québec.

• Like 2

I was going to post almost the same ? as the original OP.  We're on a 3 day cruise (QM2) next May, I need to find out how long we'll be in port for Le Havre.  They haven't posted any WWII excursions and that's what I want.  Anyone know where I can find the port info for Le Havre online?  That would seem to be the best bet.

Thanks.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I was going to post almost the same ? as the original OP.  We're on a 3 day cruise (QM2) next May, I need to find out how long we'll be in port for Le Havre.  They haven't posted any WWII excursions and that's what I want.  Anyone know where I can find the port info for Le Havre online?  That would seem to be the best bet.

Thanks.

Here's a Le Havre port schedule I found that looks at least somewhat official.

https://www.havre-port.com/fr/liste/2077/escales-croisieres

That site lists QM2's call at Le Havre on 1 June 2024 with arrival at 06:30 and departure at 19:00.

At least half a dozen other cruise booking sites list the Le Havre arrival time on 1 June 2024 as 08:00 (8:00 AM) and the departure time as 19:00 (7:00 PM). That includes Cunard's own website using the "view page source" method I mentioned earlier.

By the way, those other cruise booking sites list the Zeebrugge arrival time on 31 May 2024 as 08:00 (8:00 AM) and the departure time as 17:00 (5:00 PM).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a Le Havre port schedule I found that looks at least somewhat official.

https://www.havre-port.com/fr/liste/2077/escales-croisieres

That site lists QM2's call at Le Havre on 1 June 2024 with arrival at 06:30 and departure at 19:00.

At least half a dozen other cruise booking sites list the Le Havre arrival time on 1 June 2024 as 08:00 (8:00 AM) and the departure time as 19:00 (7:00 PM). That includes Cunard's own website using the "view page source" method I mentioned earlier.

By the way, those other cruise booking sites list the Zeebrugge arrival time on 31 May 2024 as 08:00 (8:00 AM) and the departure time as 17:00 (5:00 PM).

thanks so much.  I’m surprised they’re not posting Normandy or Paris excursions because that seems like enough time.  Maybe they’re yet to come.

• Like 1